Jute area rug help.......... Who's got some advice?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The label says 70% jute and 26% rayon. The chunky areas in the photos are dog puke(yes smells). Said she called boat load of places and nobody wanted to do it... Rug is a loss and she understands this, just wants someone to try something.

Sooooo, how would you clean this? I'm thinking garden hose and an odor product! Ssssssss.

View attachment 2059View attachment 2060View attachment 2061

Again, she understands if the rug gets fcked up.....

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Pour whatever odor-eater you like on it, let it dwell, shampoo it, rinse it and get it dry as you can. Turn it over to dry. Whatever happens, happens.

We rarely ask for a sign-off from a customer, but I got one today from someone that had a Nepalese jute/rayon/wool rug with coffee stains. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Bryan,

You have a specific "odor-eater" you like for something like this?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
It's jute and tufted to boot, no need to get to crazy with it. It's just puke. You will probably have good success top cleaning with your truck mount and your favorite non oxidizing deodorizer... Ie dd12, freshwave, odor vide etc.. If we had it I would clean it with skunk out first or a regular cleaning with MasterBlend anti allergen deodorizer afterwards. Just make sure to Evenly wet the rug, leave in acid side and dry fast and in the sun if you can. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom