Keeping "FRESH" Water well....fresh

lesterj2

I was skimming through the thread about "Carrying a Fresh Water Tank".
And was wondering is there a certain amount of time...
Before you should drain the water stored in your Fresh Water Tank...

lesterj2

Re: Keeping "FRESH" Water

Jim Nelson said:
on your next job :D
you must misunderstood me... But the question im trying to get at is... does the water start to smell after a while like Steel or its fine to just let the water sit in the tanks for long periods of time...

lesterj2

well damm if it was to grow algea in it... how would i clean it or is that where the descaler comes into play...

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Just use your supply on a regular basis then you're ok. If it does happen fill the tank, pour some bleach in there and slosh it around a bit.

Bob Foster

Good god - who recogmended putting bleach in your supply tank. Your fresh water tank will not stink unless you to left if for months. It might be a good idea to leave your supply tank full.

Hope things are going good J2

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

May get slimmy but not likely unless you leave it there for weeks and the tank is uncovered. Algea would need light to grow but I think that was a joke :lol:

Albert

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Bob, you can put bleach in it to kill the algea if it starts to grow but it does need to be drained and rinsed out. The bleach isn't for the stink. I have seen customers with algea growing in their tank but it's usually their backup unit that sat around for a while.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

I had a yellow poly tank I bought at dultmiere's that had to be bleached and sucked out because it would grow algae or mold.

For around 100 bucks it was worth it.

100 gallon

lesterj2

on my water tank i have no where to manually put the water in... the water just goes through the front of my machine panel and flows into the water tank...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove

No, you don't have to worry about it. If you're leaving water in there long enough for it to be an issue, you've got much bigger problems to worry about.

TimP

I've had mine 2 years.....never had a problem and it's never slimy. Just as long as you're working your fine. Most places have chlorine in the city water anyway. I do run mine empty from time to time but I try to keep it fairly full. Mine went empty today on my second job....hooked the hose up and I have a full tank now for the next day.

Greenie

Lester, your "fill" is on your control panel, it's just a pass through to your fresh tank, go clean for your family and frieds to sharpen your skills and forget about the stagnant water issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom