Kirby for prescrub?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Does anyone have experience using a Kirby with the horsehair brush attachment for agitation prior to HWE? I'm usually alone and want to avoid yet ANOTHER piece of equipment I drag in and out of a home. Is it realistic to think maybe the Kirby can do both, vacuum and prescrub? Can it do both well and efficiently. I use my 360i in most residential living rooms and anywhere it needs a little extra love but am only agitating with a Grandi Groomer. I do own a 175 but will have a very hard time loading it along with the RV and my fans, spinner, etc. I'm not sure it's the right move to leave the crowd pleasing RV in the garage in favor of the @100 lb 175.
Somebody mentioned using a Cimex with brushes to spread and agitate the prespray followed by HWE using a Zipper. This sounds AWESOME!!!!!! But I could never pull this off by myself. Just looking for some help to balance efficiency, space in my van, and overall quality (Wow appeal).

The Clean Machine

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Russ,

On a Kirby, the vac impeller drives the brush roll, so there would be no way to run the brush without vacuum. You would be sucking your prespray into the machine, and I don't believe the Kirby was designed for wet-pickup.

Reactions: Mikey P and Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Reactions: Russ T.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Russ look for a used CRB. it will do a fantastic job of preconditioning leaving you with less effort of just rinsing. It's also light weight and easy to maneuver around contents.

Exactly. I use a Procaps CRB for prescrubbing that I got off Craigslist for 200 bucks. Does a good job. Too heavy for stairs though...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom