Know anything about the RX-20?

Just dusted off the old RX and it's still working pretty darn well but it makes a squealing sound when I hold the spray lever.

I've cleaned out the water strainer and all the jets and added grease.
I've also read the manual and can't figure out what the problem could be.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I've got lots of RX experience but can't recall your situation ever happening. If it's not affecting its performance, I wouldn't worry too much about it--new valves are not cheap. Probably just annoying, eh?

It's a dinosaur crying for other dinosaurs. :winky:

I'd go with Stephen's deduction.

Ohhh. Poor Tami. I'm glad you're not here to offend her. She's been such a trooper through the years.

I've got lots of RX experience but can't recall your situation ever happening. If it's not affecting its performance, I wouldn't worry too much about it--new valves are not cheap. Probably just annoying, eh?

No, it doesn't seem to be affecting performance but way way annoying. I feel like I need to oil something. Is there anything between the spray lever and the jets that I could oil? Lol.

Name
Steve Lawrence
It's easy to take the cover plate off so you can maybe see the problem or at least tell where the sound is coming from. Maybe you just need to tighten the valve assembly.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
do you have check valves on the spray tips? They can make a noise like you are hearing.

Name
Nate W.
Loose nut between the cord and the handle would be my guess....:lol:

Last time I dusted off my CMX-20 it dripped water out the weep hole on the rotary union... Then I broke the head trying to take it off the wrong way.... I fixed it from when I broke it but it's been collecting dust most of the 25 years my parents had it... It did work for those 13 uneven corridors 300' long... This was before the Zipper...:winky:

Back
Top Bottom