laminate flooring can I clean it with buffer

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have a customer that asked if I could clean Laminate flooring for her?
My question is...Can I clean it with a 175 and cotton bonnet and a spray bottle with a little cleaning agent in it?
I do not want to over wet it, so do you think if I sprayed it with a little 1 or 2 quart pump up spray bottle to give it just a little moisture and cleaner and use the 175 with a cotton bonnet would it work?
I haven't seen the floor yet, so if this will work at least I would have something to go in with, all I do know it is a large living room floor with Pergo type panels.
Thanks
Or if there is a better way to do it I would like to know.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have cleaned several laminate floors with a buffer and either a cotton bonnet or a microfiber pad.

If the floor has any "proud edges" (i.e raised edges that can be caught by a buffing pad) then use an extra white pad between the machine and the bonnet to give a little cushion. Be careful of the edges.

Hydro-Force Wood Fresh Cleaner does a great job on laminate. If hard water is an issue you in your, distilled, or other water with no minerals in helps the shine to really pop.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Thanks guys for the posts, just wanted to make sure I was on the right path, as I have seen these floors and all the joints have swollen, maybe due to the fact that people have just used a mop to clean them and over time they have swollen and look like crap.

DannyJr3rdGen

Name
Danny Andreasen Jr
You should try the Bona products! I have been hesitant to clean laminate floors as by the time the customer called the floor needed to be cleaned by water. I ran into the Bona products and Wow it sure did an amazing job to the floor and almost brought it back like new. Good luck

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
I have not used the Bona products but I have talked to some guys who just do wood/laminate floors and that is all they will use, they swear by them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Use that buffer and a pad and then use a NO-RINSE floor cleaner you can get anywhere.

Reactions: TConway

Mikey P

Administrator
Every Janitorial shop across America sells a no rinse neutral cleaner for $10 a gallon. One ounce per gallon is all that needed

It's exactly the same as Bone floor cleaner which run between $8.00 -$10 a quart RTU

600 rtu quarts for ten bucks.

Tell your home owners..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom