laminate floors

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Any one doing laminate floors. I have one coming up next week. I am starting to get a few calls for this service. So far I just vac and apply a cleaner with a microfibre pad dry and apply a laminate finish. Does any one do it different or better?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a 175 with a pad driver, maybe i'll try that. I also have a powrflite multi wash. I've been thinking of trying that, just cautious of getting floor to wet. Maybe I'll try it at home first

Mikey P

Administrator
175 or a pad driver on a RV or Trex will do. The heavier the better.

White or red pad after mopping down a neutral cleaner with a flat mop then rinse with a hard surface wand like this..

http://mikeysboard.com/classifieds/...ew-Westpak-hard-surface-wand-w-two-heads.html

Make sure to work in no more than 150 square feet at a time to avoid over wetting. Keep pressure as low as your machine will go.

Let the fiber pad and chems do the cleaning.

Buff with a clean dry white pad or cotton bonnet if needed.

Lightweight polyurethanes can help even out worn appearances.
I like this stuff, very easy to work with and wears well.

http://www.basiccoatings.com/Produc...4f39-9930-4d53-903d-8c7286d2cf4c&pageNumber=1

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think I'll try some of this stuff on my floors at home tomorrow. I'm a little nervous to try a hard surface tool on my laminate. I have the gecko tool, the lowest pressure I can go too is probably 100psi. 2 big 3 stages behind that but still makes me nervous. There is a ton of laminate out there just waiting for our attention.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Mike, I have yet to get a good answer from any vendor on this question: How does one safely remove good old Mop n Glo (or Brand X) from wood floors, in order to apply such a product?

Interlink sells a good product too, but I haven't dared use it because of all the dire warnings against topical finishes. Frankly, I could offer this service three or four times a month. Any of you out there doing this, how do I proceed?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The Interlink rep was very clear: Do not offer his product if the floor has been waxed. He was less specific about brands of "wax" and while it all looked very good, I just decided to forget about it. I have yet to encounter someone who has owned the home since new and is certain that no wax or topical has ever been used on it.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

steve_64

I just applied the third coat of polyurethane to the wood floor in my living room and hall.

Ill never ever offer this service!

Its taken me a month to do this lol. Between sanding and repairs and scrubbing on my hands and knees FORGET IT!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Any one doing laminate floors. I have one coming up next week. I am starting to get a few calls for this service. So far I just vac and apply a cleaner with a microfibre pad dry and apply a laminate finish. Does any one do it different or better?
Yep - Rip that $hit out and put in carpet.Sawdust, glue, a picture of wood and a little plastic and when you get it wet, welllll rip er out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Whata ya not watching the superpigskin flying event today? This laminate business is becoming a fact of life for us these days. a lot of the condos I do have carpets in the bedrooms only and laminate every else. We might as well make some money on it. Even with all the good advice I received, I think I am just going to use my microfiber mops and just do a basic job. I am charging 150.00 for the carpets and the same for the L floors. I am going to experiment on my floors and see how it comes up but this job is tomorrow. ( yes I know it's a holiday) gonna wake people up with my super sonic portable screaming in the hallways.

Name
Scott Turknett
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Laminate was never manufactured to be a durable floor covering. Just like carpet it must be replaced from time to time. It usually has a 25 year zinc coating applied to the top of the boards as the wear layer. Cheaper versions have a lower year zinc coating. Doing anything to this zinc coating will void the warrantee (if you care) and could possibly destroy the flooring, the top color coating being less than 1mm in thickness. Deep cleaning of Laminate is to be done with a neutral floor cleaner and a damp microfiber flat mop. I believe the manufacturer BRUCE has a section on their website on how to properly clean a laminate floor. It is possible to damage a laminate floor even with a white pad, I have done it.
Now to the real world here. If they want their floor to last as long as they think it should, Ie. as long as a solid hardwood floor, then applying a wax topcoat is the only way to go, think vct here, you will never be able to strip the floor due to the construction of Laminate but a regular buff and recoat will bring back that shine that they are looking for. I would look into the Nano or the ceramic waxes to put down.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
IMG_20160208_124527.jpg
IMG_20160208_124122.jpg
IMG_20160208_124112.jpg
I just did those laminate floors today. Turned out they were badly water damaged and couldn't have used a 175 on most of it due to warpage. Floors should be replaced but lady wants them cleaned for now. Used my wife's handy/dandy spin mop with a neutral cleaner with some urine deo in it. Then a scrub with zep l. Floor cleaner. Then rinsed it again. Came up nice except for the damaged areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EDS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
she had a small flood and her tenant did the rest apparently. she just wanted it to be more sanitary so she could move back in and plans to replace it soon. I'm thinking on my next one, I am going to try a 175 and cotton bonnet.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ron, all kidding aside, you did exactly right to use a spinning microfiber mop and minimize the moisture. It is amazing how much territory one can cover with those things. Sometimes, low-tech is best.

dekeil

Name
DOUG
Laminator plus
I have used this product and is simple and works
The flooring look good for a long time
In my case it last over a year
So easy to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom