larger preheat tank on HX machines??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have an older prochem unit, its got the plastic water box that is about 18" long by 1' high, I would imagine it holds about 2 or 3 gals with the float not letting the tank fill all the way. I was wondering if a larger tank that holds 8-9 gals would make the machine run hotter??

Kelly

if you use a larger water box the heat you do have right now will last longer i bet.....and it will take a little longer to warm completely up

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
IF your machine is dumping hot water when you are not cleaning a larger mix tank will make your water hotter.
I have a large mix tank and the excess hot water is dumped back into it. I also have a 02 jet constantly dumping back into the mix tank also.
With this setup there are no temperature spikes. The mix tank runs around 140 degrees all the time and the final pass through the heat exchanger is very hot.
Prior to this setup I had wide temperature swings of about 150 wide open to boiling when not moving the wand.
Now it will run all day at 200+ without overheating.

Farenheit251

At water damage class they taught us that 1 cubic foot holds 7.5 gallons. Sounds like you already have a bigger tank than you think. It is deceptive to guage by looking.

T

The Magician

John @ hotheatexchanger makes a bigger mix tank that is supposed to get the water hotter.

Jimbo

My suggestion would be a Kunkle valve...I bet you would gain another 10 or 12 useful degrees because the motor is going to be under a bit more load.

Just an idea...the Kunkle helped my 800 A get hotter.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the other day I taped off the vac relief and did some cleaning with it like that, I could not tell a difference, so I don't think a kunkle will do much on my machine, the factory spring relief works pretty well on this machine

Greenie

KevinD said:
IF your machine is dumping hot water when you are not cleaning a larger mix tank will make your water hotter.

I'm with Kevin.

To add to that, if your machine is NOT dumping that much hot water, you likely will not benefit that much from the above over sized tank.

So....just how bad is the dump?

Personally I'd just add a small LPG heater and have a flame thrower, but as I remember you don't want to add propane to your trailer rig.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom