latex paint removal

greenclean

Anyone have any ticks of the trade removing dried latex paint from carpet? I just cleaned a home that was just painted...dried latex all over the place...I got it all up but it took me some time...I was thinking there must be a better way! (I did charge extra and got paid but it took me way too long) THANKS IN ADVANCE. :lol:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Latex paint, oil base paint - same difficulty in removing once it is dry.

A good POG, or a paint removal chemical, along with some agitation, dwell time, and a FLUSH/HOT water extract/RINSE, will get it out, depending on how thick it is.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I found a product at Lowes that works pretty good. I was using Goof Off2 but this stuff is much better. Motsenbockers Lift Off 5.Latex Based paint remover.
You're welcome.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
CTI's Prosolv Gel is my choice. I only use when I have a problem with latex paint. Works amazing! You just have to keep it as cool as possible while storing. I use a small cooler and put it in with my Stain Magic and Red One.

CleanEvo

Prochem POG works great, dwell time, agitation and nice hot rinse, then rinse again and when you think it's all gone... hit it with another quick rinse.

greenclean

Thanks I'll try some of these suggestions and get back to you guys with the results. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom