Legend Brands Labs ODORx Un-Duz-It Unleashed

Mikey P

Administrator

No cement mixer?
Wow, now that's an impressive laboratory!

I like to drop my ISP hose right into the gallon jug. Apply as soon as possible after inspection, and by the time I've vacuumed and set up the dwell time is usually enough.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Here's the thing. The dilution ratio sucks. They recommend 3:1. that's three parts product to 1 part water! That's nuts! At $36 a gallon I am not going to use something that is only 3:1 ratio. Plus the application takes an hour. I don't want to be married to a job. I want to get in and out and leave the customer happy. Odorcide has been working great for me and the dilution ratio makes it very cost effective.

Come on guys... 3:1?

http://www.jondon.com/media/pdf/manuals/US-UDI-GP_User_Guide.pdf

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Okay, I just watched the video. Mike, you use this stuff? You think it's worth it at a 3(Product):1(water) ratio at $36 a gallon? How do you charge to make this cost effective? I'm sincerely asking because these dilution ratios seem extremely low to me.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
$25.95 jondon you find a local jansan and buy it by the case with a good discount.

Also this maybe the product you use when odorcide isn't enough.

Odorcide Mike

Name
Mike Hershley
$25.95 jondon you find a local jansan and buy it by the case with a good discount.

Also this maybe the product you use when odorcide isn't enough.
Thanks for mentioning Odorcide...Odorcide will work if you get it to all the odor molecules at a concentration greater than the odor. Sometimes getting it to all of the odor source is the difficult part though.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
And it's ready to use, I don't think you dilutes it.
Ok we were looking 2 different things. They make a RTU and a 3;1 it looks like. So the RTU is a bigger rip off at $25 because you are getting 2/3 less for $10 less.

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Funny

Every Tom, Dick and Marty raves about Havard's Pee B Gone, or what ever it's called, and MasterBlends Urine Lock...

Which are the same dilution and about the same price.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
See
Funny

Every Tom, Dick and Marty raves about Havard's Pee B Gone, or what ever it's called, and MasterBlends Urine Lock...

Which are the same dilution and about the same price.
see, I'm cheap and like high dilutions. So I don't know this stuff. I do like my petforce and odorcide though.

Reactions: Odorcide Mike

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
not the same product
Yeah, I figured that out, post #12. Even worse value. Am I wrong? If there is something better and economical, I'll use it. I just want to be clear that I'm getting value for my money and not falling into marketing hype. Like a guy in a lab coat telling me that professional cleaners are all wrong and discredit them.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think the product is fantastic and works, even at 1/4 dilution (not their recommendation but I'm cheap).
Yes, it costs. But urine is severe damage and it costs to remedy it.
If someone punched the walls, would you complain at having to patch, sand and paint? Damage is what it is.
I use Unleashed right on all discoverable spots, then dilute a bit and spray it all around the room, because people track urine around.
Just buy it and consider it a useful tool.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think the product is fantastic and works, even at 1/4 dilution (not their recommendation but I'm cheap).
Yes, it costs. But urine is severe damage and it costs to remedy it.
If someone punched the walls, would you complain at having to patch, sand and paint? Damage is what it is.
I use Unleashed right on all discoverable spots, then dilute a bit and spray it all around the room, because people track urine around.
Just buy it and consider it a useful tool.
I know this question may very widely, but what do you charge when you need to break out the un-duz-it? Also, thank you for your input.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
So $8 a gallon ready to use. 1 application, 1 time... 1 hour. This seems like a very good deal to me. :icon_rolleyes: If you wear a Lab Coat you can charge even more!

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I know this question may very widely, but what do you charge when you need to break out the un-duz-it? Also, thank you for your input.

This may not be the smartest way; I visit and quote as many jobs as possible before scheduling the work.
I include all possible spot removal and pee spots in the per foot labor price. If the carpet is severely spotted or pissy, I will add more, as needed.

However, if I need a specialty item I add the price of a gallon of product to the materials charge, regardless of whether it takes the whole gallon. The reason is that I am going to have to go shop for the replacement.

I am very up front on why it costs them for fuel and chemicals and always ask them "are you comfortable with all of this?"

An informed customer tends to make confident decisions and is happier with the outcome.

Bear in mind that as a 'broke dick porty hack' my advice is only worth what you paid for it, hahaha

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Odorcide mike what a confusing post to just mean what the others have been saying.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I think its funny that any cleaner is concerned with the cost of an odor treratment product. This is a specialty service. Doesnt really matter what the product cost (if it will do the job) because youre going to collect 4 times the amount to provide the specialty service. If I use $30 worth of odor treatment, Im going to charge atleast $120. If customer chooses not to pay that amount, fine Ill clean the carpet as if there are no odor issues and of course document the declined offer to correct.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom