Les reviewing the mytee Trex

FredC

Village Idiot
should have just started at the 20 minute 30 second mark

I'm assuming the bucket of water was dumped on it to demonstrate how much the jets overspray?

yes I know...closed motor......

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks to mb and mf the two biggest flaws were addressed skin sufferer the first 150 units were sent out.

Time will fix the other potential issues.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
should have just started at the 20 minute 30 second mark

I'm assuming the bucket of water was dumped on it to demonstrate how much the jets overspray?

yes I know...closed motor......

Fred don't you think it is time for you and Mikey to just suck it up and move on with regards to this hard on you guys got over the T-Rex.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm actually very flaccid over the whole thing..

If I had a hard on I wouldn't have put up the free advertisement.

I trust Les' opinion on the hard facts, it's the speculation on the units longevity that I find questionable.

Are you switching over to HWE Mardie?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ground prong is only good as long as your not the ground first .........

F

FB7777

I doubt the Mytee head would fit on an RX20... The RX star looks narrower and taller to clean the dome

That video was more about Judson than Mytee IMO

" They've appeared to fix the problems and there were issues with the unit "

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Longevity is going to be in question until its been tried and proven over the years as is any new equipment. The T-Rex has a great price for what you get and will attract buyers. I have not seen the T-Rex personally but I don't care for the free suction tube flapping around. I prefer the fixed style like an RX-20. John is a great guy trying to always bring lower dollar tools to the industry and sticks behind his tools.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mr Brown fixed his hose assembly to the handle ala' the RX20.

I am a notorious penny pincher Dan but when it comes to things that I rely on to either feed my family or keep my skin intact I prefer to buy the best.

When I walk the isles at Harbor Freight I'm lucky if I can find one or two items that are worth the risk of the discounted assembly.

Cheap screw drivers don't have the magnetic tips. Wheelie carts for color sealing don't have the extra two wheels for support so the pos collapses after a few hours of use, power tools burn up, rechargeable batteries last for 6 months, paint brushes lose their bristles, adjustable wrenches wont turn with out constant lubing, and so on...

I think I'll leave my Chinese shopping for rubber wheel chocks and disposable paint tarps.

I do trust that John will eventually sort out the Trex's flaws if the demand continues.
His Chinese RX20 knock off was so piss poor that power of natural selection took care of it rather quickly.

Time will tell, but with 3 other proven choices on the market I see no need to try and fool with mother nature, considering the rash of retardation that has plagued the Trex's ancestry.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So am I at risk of getting a gerry curl by using a HOSS?

your standing there in your Hugh Hefner robe drinking a cup of coffee and decide that you want a piece of toast....you neglected to put your bunny slippers on and your standing on a tile floor...you spill a little coffee on the counter and your hand is damp... from cleaning it up.....you reach up and plug the toaster in and there is a short in the cord right at the plug........2 prong or 3...it does not matter.....you became the ground first....and the only thing that will get toasted is you......

same principle with our rotaries or any electrical tool where water in involved.... one little cut in the sheathing on a cord.... and if all the elements are right...you don't have to worry about gerry curls....because your hair will no longer be there.....just got to use common since...if the cord gets cut...don't tape the thing up...pitch it out and get another one....believe it or not...high voltage is safer then low...high voltage usually throws and releases you..( trust me I know )...120 is not strong enough to throw you but it is strong enough to hold on....

rotaries are very safe...motors are thermal protected....most are smart to come with pig tails and not full length cords attached to them so you can switch them out if it gets cut....and they are short enough that the plug hangs in the air when you plug it in and not dragging on the wet floor....so the only time you can get hurt from one of these is just not using good common since....not sure tossing a bucket of water on one lands in that category....but you get the picture........

bet everyone checks cord on there toaster...and makes sure they have there bunny slippers on before making toast from now on.......

Reactions: Art Kelley

FredC

Village Idiot
Will plugging your toaster into a GFCI pigtail/cord/outlet help?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Will plugging your toaster into a GFCI pigtail/cord/outlet help?

as long as it is wired correct....one of those things if you are involved in the electrical field....2 out of 5 are normally wired wrong...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just a few questions:

Was Less at MF and did he see the T-Rex in action? Was he there when whatever problems that happened, or were invented, took place?

Was this video made before or after MF?

Has Less ever had an opportunity to run the T-Rex?

FredC

Village Idiot
I believe Les had a representative there.
No. Les was not there.
After MF.
Looks like he has one. Maybe the next vid will be him using it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Invented?
Is that what they saying on Allsixofus?

Ask Mike Draper, Jim Eckman, Cu, Studebaker or any of the attendees if the motor blogging, over spray, massive flexing and cracked control box was invented.

Best thing John could have done was stay at the event and used the brain trust that to figure out what was going on instead of telling me that i don't know how to operate a machine and then not show up on the second day..

When the Hoss showed up not ready for prime time at M6F they handled it correctly. They continued to improve and then released it. While not perfect at its initial release out was still a well built and functional.
unit.

Why John choose to run and hide is beyond me.

Asking Les to review that unit and giving opinions based on speculation rather then months in the trenches was an an extremely selfish move on John's post and six months from now could have them both really regretting having done so.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I sure there will be glides out for this soon also and that will take some of the load off the motor. I like the looks of the Mytee I do hope they get the bugs worked out.
Also I think every buffer I have ever used had a metal tube handle some of them I even added a solution tank to the buffer bolted to the handle... never got shocked though.
I don't think the Carbon Fiber tube is the best choice it looks good but over time it just won't take the aduse. Like pulling it up stairs I can just see the concrete steps putting big gashes into it. The buffer I have now you can see that the handle takes a lot more abuse than you realize but never really notice cause it is so durable.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the well is so poisoned due to gossipy whores, paranoia and pride, it's hard to get reviews without a LARGE dose of suspicion

but at the risk of being labeled a "hater" or "out to get someone" some other delusional paranoid bullshit ....I have to ask..

How do you prevent a Teejet/Veejet so close to the fiber from streaking a soiled rag or jet distorting heavy cut pile?
I love the rugged/robust design of the head, but the jets so close to fiber concerns me .

..L.T.A.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Apparently my TRex to that John sent me to test and evaluate is a early drone with the black face handle. It had a fair aount of use before I received it. It's tight and solid.The handle is fine, and the stock jets that washed Las Vegas seem to well under control in this unit. Very even spray. John sent me some new jets, but I want to see if I can plug these first. I did a rat nasty apartment last week that I used this machine on. The head looked like a hairball when I stood it up. I neglected to use my Devastator on that job...big mistake. It took me over half an hour to chase the hair out of the Savage TM and clean the pumpout. The apt 's last tenant cooked with lard. The carpets had that beaten down greasy filth look. but not after cleaning. It was easy to do and oh, so gratifying to watch the changes happen so fast. The property manager was majorly impressed.

An idiot can break anything. RX's break the support plate for the handle where it attaches to the motor. I took mine off and silver soldered a reinforcing plate and redrilled the hole. The cast aluminum cord wrap post will snap if you have the machine fall over. Don't ask me how I know. ...I drilled and tapped both the post and the riser tube and locktighted them back together.

So far the T Rex has been excellent. I like the weight concentrated on the head. The only thing I've observed is the tendency of the bottom jet to drip water for about 25 seconds when you stand the head up. That known, I leave the hose cuff on for 45 seconds after shutting off solution feed. The RX- like hose conversion I did makes it friendly for someone used to the RX.

Is it the be all and end all of rotary scrubbers? depends on what you like. There's other quality rotary tools.

It is a foward thinking design and the vac recovery is hugely significant. It truly does make drying concerns while cleaning with a ETM or portable a non issue. I've talked to John about several small tweaks that I think might be implemented. There are some attachments coming soon that will be useful.

I'd love to see the T REX motor adapted to a CRB machine. That motor's got grunt!

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, assuming this is a fine machine that any cleaner would be glad to own, what reason would I have to purchase IT over the Hoss, or the 360i? Is it cheaper?

Mikey P

Administrator
If you're asking me, wait a year before you buy a TRex, The Hoss is ready to go but seeing that your can't even use a 2 inch wand you may be better suited to the 360i with a 1.5 whip.

Trex is $2495
Hoss is $2995 (but I could get you one for $2400)
360i is $2195 or you can buy my used one for $1000

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom