Les reviewing the mytee Trex

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, pre scrubbing with a 175, CRB, Cimex or a even a damn grandi groomer will always get better results than a wand and dwell time alone.

but on impacted greasy pile carpet, the scrub and wand method wont remove even half of what a well formulated RE can and will.

these goofs who think a CRB is going to even come close are just too poor or don't have the right connections to own or test a RE to find out just how wrong they are.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Pile or glue down on that project?

Builders grade cut pile nylon..maybe 30 oz

these goofs who think a CRB is going to even come close are just too poor or don't have the right connections to own or test a RE to find out just how wrong they are.

CRB ain't sheeit for pre-scrub.
been there too..years ago..both light and heavy machines

I've tested the cimex / wand combo against the 360 and it still didn't compare

what pads or brushes under the 'Mex, Mike?
white pads?

Neither are very aggressive

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
the whole CRB prescurb pheeeNOmynOn is based on some clumbs of hair, fiber and tads of sand or grit.

They do about zilch for greasy sticky soil.

You need a heavy 175 or better yet a WFRE to get the goo off.

Last edited:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Emotions aside, an enclosed motor is an enclosed motor. Judson's opinion is quite credible on this machine. I've personally worked with carbon fiber repairs after lightning strikes on aircraft and it does a great job of shielding and strengthening at the same time. A carbon handle on a floor machine should help anyone sleep at night and certainly not extract on their tippy toes on wet carpet. I lurked in the past at some electrical shock issues from the first units and wonder if it was something associated with the upper part of the handle and the components up there?

This t-rex gizmo has me really taking another look a better rotary then the one I have. At a distance I like all the things Judson pointed out. The honeymoon with my RX20 was disaster. The stock airflow design on the RX is a textbook example of the industries attitude as a whole of "mediocrity". It's a soaker out of the box and just heavy enough for me need aluminum ramps when I got pissed off enough lugging it around. I farbled around with the jetting till it was tolerable and in the end just added to my opinion of what's wrong with these people?, why do they keep pumping these out this way? Are the majority of RX purchaser/users ignorant of this jetting or just to accepting/timid to say something about it these past years of production? The RX was and is screaming for re-engineering and reminds me of our lawmakers and the speed at which they right the wrongs.

IMOP the RX lack of engineering paved the way for Sapphire and Mytee to produce their latest gizmos, even Rotovac. I have the Rotovac 360 original with upgraded swooped heads. Yes it's on the van (somewhere?) and yes I've made friends with it. But after buying the original Rotovac dual head (and modifying heavily) then parking years ago because of slow productivity, and seeing the same cheesy craftsmanship on the Rotovac 360 (stupid adjustment features, crude jetting, not back purging the welding process where needed) simply cemented for me never purchasing from RV in the future. I thought I could be friends enough with the 360 to get my jobs done well and fast (after all it's like 35lbs) but it just collects crap on it stuffed in my van. Matter of fact, when I get my van ready today I think I'll pull it out.

This next year I'll take a closer look at the Mytee and the Sapphire.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Update on my TRex....

I had the 4" taller Unreinforced carbon handle installed at the end of February. It's flimsy compared to the shorter one and about 2" too long for me. There are some changes coming down the pike in the TRex handles and I suggested to John some alternatives.

I've found the TRex to be a really useful tool in slow speed gentle bonneting of oriental rugs on site after prevacuuming and a vapor steam/charged solvent light cleaning. The drive plate I have for this is a Malish plate similar to my Rx bonnet drive plate. I asked John if he would make me a Velcro drive plate that would be less aggressive to glad pads.

It's proven to be a effective tool when run at 40-75 rpm. Minus the standard carpet head, the machine loses serious weight, so distortion on wool isn't a problem. I improved the appearance on 5 Stark rugs this week at one estate in Glen Ellen. One of the Starks was a serious bleeder. Clients were happy and I got paid.

I've had zero problems with the TRex since it arrived in February. My only complaint is jet weeping. Mytee is working on check valves at the jets to counter this.

I'm also having fun with a new Trinity OP. Wow! It absolutely redefines agitation! I have three Cimex, 4 CRBS, and 3 other Small orbit OP Machines. The difference between the Trinity and smaller orbit OP is about like comparing a two motor portable to a Vortex with a 25' hose run.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Emotions aside, an enclosed motor is an enclosed motor. Judson's opinion is quite credible on this machine. I've personally worked with carbon fiber repairs after lightning strikes on aircraft and it does a great job of shielding and strengthening at the same time. A carbon handle on a floor machine should help anyone sleep at night and certainly not extract on their tippy toes on wet carpet. I lurked in the past at some electrical shock issues from the first units and wonder if it was something associated with the upper part of the handle and the components up there?

This t-rex gizmo has me really taking another look a better rotary then the one I have. At a distance I like all the things Judson pointed out. The honeymoon with my RX20 was disaster. The stock airflow design on the RX is a textbook example of the industries attitude as a whole of "mediocrity". It's a soaker out of the box and just heavy enough for me need aluminum ramps when I got pissed off enough lugging it around. I farbled around with the jetting till it was tolerable and in the end just added to my opinion of what's wrong with these people?, why do they keep pumping these out this way? Are the majority of RX purchaser/users ignorant of this jetting or just to accepting/timid to say something about it these past years of production? The RX was and is screaming for re-engineering and reminds me of our lawmakers and the speed at which they right the wrongs.

IMOP the RX lack of engineering paved the way for Sapphire and Mytee to produce their latest gizmos, even Rotovac. I have the Rotovac 360 original with upgraded swooped heads. Yes it's on the van (somewhere?) and yes I've made friends with it. But after buying the original Rotovac dual head (and modifying heavily) then parking years ago because of slow productivity, and seeing the same cheesy craftsmanship on the Rotovac 360 (stupid adjustment features, crude jetting, not back purging the welding process where needed) simply cemented for me never purchasing from RV in the future. I thought I could be friends enough with the 360 to get my jobs done well and fast (after all it's like 35lbs) but it just collects crap on it stuffed in my van. Matter of fact, when I get my van ready today I think I'll pull it out.

This next year I'll take a closer look at the Mytee and the Sapphire.

Sounds to me you need to stick to a 6 jet ti and be happy!

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Actually it's about time I considered the Cadillac of wands. My last glide is bout flat on my WP 4jet. Can anyone recommend the friendliest/priced supplier for the Prochem Titanium? And is Lisa still supplying glides for it? And and and, for the money they charge, is the jetting truly ready out of the box?

tnx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom