Let's Talk Retirement.

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Mikey P, Dec 27, 2017.

By Mikey P on Dec 27, 2017 at 1:46 PM
  1. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    For some an ugly subject that gets put off year after year untill it's toolate but to kid yourself

For others it's constant thought and probably thier main hobby.

Some of us have working wives who may be able to float the boat once our backs can no longer devastate soiled floors as owner op super heros.
    Some, few, very few actually have a business with a value that can fund our survival
    Some are fit enough to wand their way into the grave.

And some like @Radar Foster and @Wandslinger have it figured out with enough side action that they could quit today, make a few adjustments and be fine..

Let's talk about what your parents did, what your kids will do and most importantly, what you're doing right now.
    Matt Wood and Derrick T. like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Mikey P, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Neil E
      Neil E

Name:
      Neil E
      AMEN to that Willy.... X's 2! :smile:
    2. Greg Stiel
      Greg Stiel

Name:
      Greg Stiel
      Well Willy, I know what your saying.
      I busted my ass as a one man band for 40 years. I was frugal worrying about every penny I spent. 30 years ago I handed my wife the check book and she handled the finances. I lived good, 2 nice vacations a year , nice home new cars and truck but I thought I could never get ahead. (cash in the bank) At 60 I looked at her as I was getting ready to leave for a night job (most were) and said "I can't do this any more" She asked why do you? I said I need the money. She laughed and said that I couldn't spend what I had in the rest of my life.

I was so worried about getting the jobs done that I really didn't know what I was making. I was blessed to have so much work but felt like I was always scrambling to get it done.

But more than having the work, I was blessed with a wife that knew how to put money aside and invest it,