Liquid Foundation Stain

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
My client's daughter dump this on the carpet....

Liquid foundation stain1.jpeg

they called another carpet cleaner and they tried clean it. They said that it wont come up and they have to replace carpets...

547444729.jpg

They obviously made it worse. I have suspicious against these carpet cleaner. My client are renting this home and on their contract states that they can only use them.. as it was the same for the previous house that they rented. Anyways..

What you do to clean this stain up? They ask me to try this coming friday. My first thought was use a peroxide cleaner first on test spot..what else? I would like to wow these custy even more... Liquid foundation stain1.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T

they called another carpet cleaner and they tried clean it. They said that it wont come up and they have to replace carpets...[/QUOTE
Ok, now that you’ve edited, I’m going to aswell.... I’d use Avenge Pro from Bridgepoint, let dwell for 10-15 min, rinse HOT. Repeat. If after that it’s still there, rub with Fels, then agitate, let dwell 10, rinse HOT...

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Foundation contains some of type of oil as its base along with various pigments and sometimes zinc oxide. You need a solvent and maybe peroxide or a stripper

Reactions: DAT
Name
Swani

View attachment 81566

they called another carpet cleaner and they tried clean it. They said that it wont come up and they have to replace carpets...

View attachment 81568

They obviously made it worse. I have suspicious against these carpet cleaner. My client are renting this home and on their contract states that they can only use them.. as it was the same for the previous house that they rented. Anyways..

What you do to clean this stain up? They ask me to try this coming friday. My first thought was use a peroxide cleaner first on test spot..what else? I would like to wow these custy even more... View attachment 81567
Foundation like makeup?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have pog, hel gel, chempec liquid gel, stain solv etc.. i will do various test spot to see what work.

@Cleanworks would stain solv be the one to act as a stripper?
When i read about the foundation, it seems to be both organic with petroleum mixed with pigments..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The stainsolve is just to breakdown and suspend the oilbased part of it. A stripper is a reducing agent designed to remove fugitive dyes. Because it's already been cleaned, everything is smeared together and will be difficult to remove. Make no promises. Try the solvent first until you are no longer removing product. Then treat with a tannin spotter and rinse. Then try either an oxidizer or a reducer.

Reactions: Goomer and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
You mentioned tannin spotter, then try either reducer or oxidizer.

I thought tannin spotter is already a reducer.. what other reducer do you suggest?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Like Ron said, go after the bulk of the oily product first with a solvent and try to remove enough of it to reach the fiber so you can assess the pigment staining.

Do some testing on one or two individual spots before you commit to tackling the whole thing.

I would pick a couple of individual smaller spots and test a few spotters and solvents with a white towel and then pick one product and start tamping it in and extracting with an upholstery tool, and try to remove enough to reach the staining so you can try correcting it.

You should have enough information after working on one or two spots to know how you should proceed, and how you shouldn't.

Keep expectations real fooking low with carpet that white.

Looks like most foundations use iron oxides for their brown pigments.

Does that mean you should try reducers first?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'd try a few different solvents in several different areas possibly a blended solvent to cover as many bases as possible(try find the most effective), followed by a rust remover to remove any mineral/metallic oxides then a reducer. Lots of dry strokes between changing chemistry, still keep expectations low

steve_64

I'd use my regular degreasing prespray first. Use a small scrub brush on the test spot before extracting.

If it loosens it I'd soak the area scrub with crb and extract before switching to solvents or pog.

I've never had trouble with foundation.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You mentioned tannin spotter, then try either reducer or oxidizer.

I thought tannin spotter is already a reducer.. what other reducer do you suggest?
Not all tannin spotters have a reducer but if they do, it's usually very mild. I use a powdered reducer called Streepene available at drycleaning suppliers. Its very powerful, use at your own risk. Sometimes add glacial acetic acid (browning treatment) to accelerate the reaction. Last resort type of treatment and it will pull color out of the carpet. Larry Cobb seems to have some more controllable reducers available.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Swami posted first with the good answer.

Alternate All Solv Xtreme and Avenge Pro. If some color still remains, StainZone or Stain Magic oxidizer. This is a type of stain I have removed several times.

Nylon carpet with a protector applied makes the job fairly routine. Not sure if you have that situation or not.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Swami posted first with the good answer.

Alternate All Solv Xtreme and Avenge Pro. If some color still remains, StainZone or Stain Magic oxidizer. This is a type of stain I have removed several times.

Nylon carpet with a protector applied makes the job fairly routine. Not sure if you have that situation or not.
How long dwell time?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Dwell time is pretty short with solvents, under a minute.

For the Avenge Pro step, give it a minute or two with moderate agitation. You should see the color of the foundation mixing in with the foam of the Avenge Pro. Scrape the colored foam away. Continue working up a little foam as long as color is being removed. When it stops removing color, switch back to the All Solve Extreme. mild agitation. Blot. Continue this as long as it make progress and switch back.

You are removing two dissimilar materials. One responds to solvent and the other to the lubrication and suspension action of Avenge Pro.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Exactly as @scottw mentioned.. i went ahead and bought avenge pro and all solve extreme. I used my portable with all fiber rinse added to solution.

I first rinsed the whole thing with no heat. Then i proceeded with the avenge pro, foamed it up and continued to do still it stop removing any more colors, blotted it. Then use all solve to get remove any other residue. Rinse and repeat throughout.

I forced dried it and it wicked up pretty bad, so i cleaned it some more using just stain 1. Forced dried it again, and it seemed to stay white. Customer was happy. Took me only 45 mins to clean Not to shabby.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Exactly as @scottw mentioned.. i went ahead and bought avenge pro and all solve extreme. I used my portable with all fiber rinse added to solution.

I first rinsed the whole thing with no heat. Then i proceeded with the avenge pro, foamed it up and continued to do still it stop removing any more colors, blotted it. Then use all solve to get remove any other residue. Rinse and repeat throughout.

I forced dried it and it wicked up pretty bad, so i cleaned it some more using just stain 1. Forced dried it again, and it seemed to stay white. Customer was happy. Took me only 45 mins to clean Not to shabby.
Good job

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Derrick. Carry some hand sanitizer on your truck. Do a test with that, it should take it out. The other suggestions are also gold.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD and DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom