Little Giant Problems

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by Philhan, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Philhan
    Philhan

Name:
    PHILIP HANSEN
    Okay Guys my heater is back in business! Behind the temperature control dial on the front of the Unitrol is a lock nut and a stopper on the shaft that was out of adjustment. I adjusted it so it click in and out at the "70" marked on the valve. I cleaned the jets and put it together and sure enough it fired. Thank you everybody for your help. As I was running it it didn' seem to be as hot as it used to be, I wonder if the new regulator was more restrictive than the original one that came with it. Any thoughts on that? Does it use a higher volume regulator?
  2. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Someone may have tweaked your regulator to get more heat. Probably why the nut was loose. You have put it back to stock. Adjusting up or down from 70 will change your maximum heat output.
  3. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    The gas regulator can ice up if there is to much draw on it, it will feel really cold if that is the problem when constantly on the trigger

More likely what @Cleanworks said that the regulator has been tweaked and you've put it back to factory spec

If it wasn't getting enough water flow from the inlet hose I'm presuming you'd notice it at the wand, I sometimes up my psi slightly if I want more heat