Mark Saiger
Looks like I've got competition now...

Marty's Pig Filth Remover... Gonna be a huge hit I'm afraid @hogjowl

Screenshot_20170225-001012.png

Reactions: Russ T.

EDS

Name
Ed
Won't work for my client base (head held up high) but may order some for my personal dwelling house...

Reactions: Cleanworks

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Orbot Vibe.

Observations of video...

Another tool to use...
Can't use in tight areas
Heavy to load/unload (never mind the additional weight)
That bristle brush probably won't last long, and extremely expensive...

I see most jobs (at least residential) this tool is not needed for most tile and grout cleaning...Turbo does most of your work...FAST!!!!

The cheaper tool is a traditional floor buffer @ less than half the price...Same Effectiveness as well...

On a good note, maybe great for commercial tile and grout like greasy kitchens and convenience stores...7-11 comes to mind...

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Matt Ross
Thanks for the vid. I have a library to clean with this machine and obviously I can't be spraying the books on the bottom shelf. I was thinking of fabricating some quick shields that attach to the weight plates to keep the spray in front. Kinda like horse blinders. Haha.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thanks for the vid. I have a library to clean with this machine and obviously I can't be spraying the books on the bottom shelf. I was thinking of fabricating some quick shields that attach to the weight plates to keep the spray in front. Kinda like horse blinders. Haha.
From what I saw it looks like if you stay 12" away from walls and objects with the sprayer you should be okay.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Man guys,
There is a lot of what seems to be negative attitudes floating around the net, why I really don't know.
I can say even with all the BS comments going around I can say I was with some great and positive people all week.
We had a great time, helping clean for RMH and being able to help and be a part of it was really awesome, the poeple that came to help were there because they wanted to help to give a helping hand, yes it was just cleaning, and to the carpet cleaners it doesn't seem like much, but to the ones that we did it for....Well it was greatly appreciated.
After the real work was done we had the opportunity to clean the hotel and have carpet cleaner fun for us...and for the hotel... Well it was also greatly appreciated, but the cleaners had a awesome time getting to try tools hands on and really being able to see if any of the tools would help them become better for the customers that they work for.
This was the last night and as the folks left one by one or two they all left with more knowledge and insight from sharing and listening to each other's business ideas.
As Missy and I set with a small group in to the early morning hours talking to each other over some final beers and having some great laughs over all the dumb comments floating around the net as we scrolled through the comments made by the ones that didn't come....Thank you for taking the time to sit behind your little computer screen and giving us something to laugh about we really enjoyed it as we shard the final beers of what turned out to be another great Mikey's fest, with out your comments it would not have been complete.
Missy and I are very fortunate to be able to say we were with a bunch very positive, happy with life poeple and glad to see the ones we have meet prior and also getting to meet ones for the very first time....What a great event.
Looking forward to the next BEST LITTLE CARPET CLEANINNG EVENT ON THE PLANET.
Thomas and Melissa Conway

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not trying to copy my buddy Tommy, but I was planing on writing a little followup myself. Since I'm sitting here at the Tampa airport waiting for my ride home, I figured this would be a good time.

This trip was great. Everything from what I could see flowed pretty well. When you are dealing with a bunch of bonehead carpet cleaners things can get pretty messed up. So many strong personalities coming together can sometimes present unforeseen problems. That being said, the work got done and the crews pounded out what had to be done with gusto. I love working along side other seasoned cleaners and learned a few things in the process.

Of the three RCH's we did I feel like I was on the easiest one. The staff was ready for us and we didn't have any mop and glow issues or porty work slowing us down.

The presentations were great and the speakers held my attention. I got some great ideas I'll be putting into practice for my business. It'll most likely put my buddies Tom and Ivan out of business :).

Probably the biggest thing I'm leaving this event with is, what the hell am I doing wrong! I really thought I was doing okay but after meeting all these movers and shakers, I need to step up my game. I've been doing this full time for 4 years now and I have a little over 600 customers. But after meeting the movers and shakers, I'm so far behind. I'm leaving feeling very motivated.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is clean my van. @Mark Saiger puts us all to shame. @hogjowl's rig is too new still, he doesn't get a pass. :). Saiger was pulling his hoses through snow and mud the prior night before leaving for Miley's fest, then he drove to Florida in the van. It actually made me sick how clean his equipment was.

Lastly, I'm proud and honored to consider many of you my friends. It's nice seeing I'm not so alone in the cleaning trenches. I'm a one man band and sometimes it feels like I'm alone dealing with the grind. Knowing I have guys like Mikey, Tom, Mark, Kirk, Bill, (maybe Marty), and many others I can call for help is of great comfort.

Am I leaving this event feeling shorted in anyway? Not at all. Thanks for a great time @Mikey P and all the others that worked so hard in the background to put this together.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
That right there makes me want to come to the next MF...... Well put Damon.... REALLY want Mikey to put one on in the PNW..... I would really enjoy rubbing shoulders with industry Titans.....
Jeff @SCC

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Man guys,
There is a lot of what seems to be negative attitudes floating around the net, why I really don't know.
I can say even with all the BS comments going around I can say I was with some great and positive people all week.
We had a great time, helping clean for RMH and being able to help and be a part of it was really awesome, the poeple that came to help were there because they wanted to help to give a helping hand, yes it was just cleaning, and to the carpet cleaners it doesn't seem like much, but to the ones that we did it for....Well it was greatly appreciated.
After the real work was done we had the opportunity to clean the hotel and have carpet cleaner fun for us...and for the hotel... Well it was also greatly appreciated, but the cleaners had a awesome time getting to try tools hands on and really being able to see if any of the tools would help them become better for the customers that they work for.
This was the last night and as the folks left one by one or two they all left with more knowledge and insight from sharing and listening to each other's business ideas.
As Missy and I set with a small group in to the early morning hours talking to each other over some final beers and having some great laughs over all the dumb comments floating around the net as we scrolled through the comments made by the ones that didn't come....Thank you for taking the time to sit behind your little computer screen and giving us something to laugh about we really enjoyed it as we shard the final beers of what turned out to be another great Mikey's fest, with out your comments it would not have been complete.
Missy and I are very fortunate to be able to say we were with a bunch very positive, happy with life poeple and glad to see the ones we have meet prior and also getting to meet ones for the very first time....What a great event.
Looking forward to the next BEST LITTLE CARPET CLEANINNG EVENT ON THE PLANET.
Thomas and Melissa Conway
I have been a lone wolf carpet cleaner for almost 30 years. Yet my experience at Mikey's Fest in Vegas incredibly eye opening. Meeting people like Tom and Erik and seeing their passion for the industry really makes you feel that you are part of an elite group that stands out from the rest of the crowd. Rubbing shoulders with people like that inspire you to do better in your own little bailiwick just as Damon has voiced above. I couldn't make this one so had to be content sitting on the sidelines, making snide comments about those who were actually there. Being a member on Mikey's Board has made me a more responsible carpet cleaner and has allowed me to really step up my game. Even Damon breaks less things now.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Be nice to Kirk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom