live solution reels

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
How many of you run live solution reels? I never use my live hose reels. I think you lose more heat to the wand the more hose you run. Plus the Vortex bakes the hose to the reel over time.

What do you think?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If your hose is baking to the reel. Then its a good idea to not use a reel. My vac hose was melting to my hose reel so I also quit using my vac reels also.

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
I run a live solution reel. It helps me get hotter water to the carpet, but if I was running a really hot unit, like a V, I probably wouldn't run live. One thing I like about live reels is that you don't have bulky connectors knocking around in the house.

CL

Adam,
On my steamway I had to unroll all the solution hose every time to keep from baking the hose. I still had to replace yearly because of the heat.
It also cooked the QD's. Still it's faster to roll up when done if it's live.

Greenie

"I run a live solution reel. It helps me get hotter water to the carpet"

Just how is that keeping the water hotter than a shorter hose?

minuteman

The prob with a live reel is at the connectors, within a foot on the hose you will find most of the of the stress cracks, 'cause it is curved most of the time, this is also where it will burst due to it not being stretched out and flat.

Greg

Matt King

No live reels for me. I don't even like solution reels... One long continuous hose tends to get tangled up when wrapping up hoses and it's a hassle to set up in a home IMO. I like 50ft. sections. I can wrap em up fast when I'm done. Also it allows me to go to the furthest point of the house with a perfectly coiled 50ft. section and work my way back out as I lay out the hose for set up. Then you can also judge how much vac hose you need to pull off the reel to lay out. 50ft. sections of that as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom