Love our new filter for our TM hoses

Neva

Saves a lot on rinsing out the ol truck mount...even impresses the customer...ending up doing the nieghbors to my first morning job today..they were impressed they could see the crud come out!!!

Lovin it! :D

G

If you really do it everyday.

Remember, sell the sizzle not the steak.
Good job!

Neva

Well the name is steaminhot not what you wrote. Geesh.

How about sell both the steak and the sizzle?

It's the clear filter that goes on your vac line. Got it from Steamway. Love it! It's amazing all the crud that lyes beneath the fibers!

Gross!!!

Steaminhot:)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
well now, If you would of filled out your profile, I would of known it was you, Neev

I'm alway nice to nice girls

..L.T.A.

Neva

Well I want to be loved for me. Not just because I am a lady/girl/woman/female etc.

I'll work at the profile laters....;)

G

Its about time you made it.

Did you make it up to Garys last week for his thingy?

Chad

Neva

Hey call it whatever..but it works! Got plenty of work from showing it off. Attracts attention and lets the custy know just how dirty those carpets are. It works and it's pretty funky to use.
I know the other guys use them too...seen them in action. No complaints just kudos.

:)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I won't run without one.

Been using them for over a decade.

Use the shortest hose possible behind the filter to machine for less airflow restriction.
It's of more value as a filter to keep the gunk out of your tank than a show piece for the custy.
Use an acrillic sight tube for in the home if you must.

..L.T.A.

G

I used to run that filter all the time, works great but cuts the vac down a bit. Use a metal screen filter instead of the sock to cut down on vac loss.
I also used a short piece of hose to connect to t.m.

slowmo

Neva

Got both types of screens. So far I like the metal one best...easy cleanup.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yea, keep straining that carpet nectar, vEEgs

did you get those nitrile gloves yet?

hope you don't have any nicks or cuts on you hands.
Tetness shots up to date???

....................................................................................

"Well I want to be loved for me. Not just because I am a lady/girl/woman/female"

Okie doakie, Neev
I'll call ya George from now on and treat ya like one of the boys.
Can I snap your butt with a wet towel in the locker room now???

..L.Y.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steamonsnot I run that filter too with the metal screen.
Short hose from the vac tank and like my brother meathed I try and run as short a hose to the job.

G

Hey I wear the nitriles while cleaning upholstery. Is there something about that that makes me a pussy?

Neva

learn from each other..get along nicely/dontbeapwordLOL

Pussy? eh? OMGoodness how folks will word there words here...

I don't think so...should always practice caution. Staph infection would be no fun to get. Pretty soon we will all have to wear a face mask while working..thats if you care about your own lungs. Anyways no I don't think your a 'pussy'. LOL!

Oh dear what is next...just love the love each one gets from the boards. One thing is we should be learning from each other and not bashing each other here....if it is good bashing make it known that it is a joke...we are all carpet cleaners here....ya carpet nurds it is!! Or are we carpet geeks? hmmmm...

Scottie

Measure the inside diameter of your filter, 1.625.Way too small diameter for me, way too much vac loss for me. :shock:

Scottie

Measure the inside diameter of your filter, 1.625.Way too small diameter for me, way too much vac loss for me. :shock:

G

Re: learn from each other..get along nicely/dontbeapwordLOL

steaminhot said:
Pussy? eh? OMGoodness how folks will word there words here...

I think this was nice word useage compared to our friend Joe's word useage.....LOL

Chad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
slowmo said:
Hey I wear the nitriles while cleaning upholstery. Is there something about that that makes me a pussy?

I posted a thread a few days ago that I had a on-line coupon for nitrile gloves that I'd share if anyone needed it.

$5.99 per hundred.
The coupon has expired now, though.

I stock up on them when on sale.
I use them more for wood staining than anything

..L.T.A.

G

sorry for the verbage there, I don't normally post using strong words. I enjoyed the tongue lashing, though. I just feel strongly about using the proper protection that is readily available. We already eat sleep and breathe this stuff, makes for a short life if you start injecting it into your system via your absorbent skin. Ever heard of "the patch", the drugs go right into your blood stream through your skin. Seems awful stupid not to use gloves.....

slowmo :oops:

G

BTW,
I wasn't trying to sound serious. I know meat is just messing around. It's all in good fun....besides there might be some newbies out there that need to know about these. Meat got in a plug because of it, so all's well that ends well.

Greenie

If you are gonna run them things, at least run two of them at the truck and use a Y with two hoses to the tank, this way you double your filtration, which means having to clean them less, and even when they are half full of crap you still have good vacuum.

And for gawds sake, if you run a stainless insert instead of the sock, turn them around, they work in the opposit direction with the stainless insert.

And now that you have it oriented correctly, put a nylon on the stainless so you can just brush it off, since the crap will be OUTSIDE the basket.

If you want to trick it out some more, drill some 1/2" holes in the rubber bottom of the insert, the nylon will protect these, yet still allow good airflow.

If people would get away from "seeing" the dirty water, you could just get a real nice FILTER BOX at the truck, and be done with it.

EDIT: My gawd I just looked at the #of views for this thread, what makes so many take a look at a filter thread? I'm guessing it appeared as a new technology thread.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
put a nylon in the sock and you will like it even better

Mike,

I ran filterless the other day, not worth it to me to have to shut down the TM so I can open the waste tank to get to the basket but I could tell the airflow difference at 100' but no difference at 50'

but does a litle more air flow really help dry the carpet or just empty the vac hose a little faster, l;ift doesn't change

I seem to notice that if the clearview filter is in the middle of 2 50' sections of vac hose then the air flow sounds better then if the filter is close to the TM

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Those things cut the performance down way too much for me. if you ask me the only thing they're good for is straining the waste water.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom