Magnetic Water Conditioners

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am interested in hearing from anyone who is using or has tried the magnetic water conditioners to prevent scale build-up, etc.

Really want to hear facts and details rather than just opinions.
How long have you used them?
What issues led you to consider a water conditioner?
How successful was this unit in solving the issues?
Are you still using it?
Would you purchase again?
Also would like to know how hard the water is in your area and how much use your equipment gets, full days every day or occasional use.

For a research project. Thanks.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
From our side it hasn't made a lick of difference on the amount of scale, well change that, the machines that got sold them have been worse, much worse because they were told they never needed to descale their machine again so when they started losing water pressure it was so bad we are always scared they are going to plug up when we go to descale them. Now true or not true that they were told they never had to descale again I cant answer that as I wasn't there but that's been the same story when I ask why did you spend $1000 on that thing?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I used the Forever brand many years ago on my TM with a propane water heater. It made a huge difference in how often I had to clean out the filters on my T-jets. Used it for several years until I got a water softener. I gave it to my brother who still uses it on his travel trailer. I can't tell you the actual numbers concerning the hardness of our water, but it is "very" hard. If I didn't have a water softener I'd buy another one.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Don't see how a magnet can deal with mineral build up. Common sense

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had them on all our HE units when the magnets first came out. We have hard water but nothing crazy, they seemed to be doing a good job when on them. Although they weren't being used as a corrective measure just as preventative one.

We took them off when we bought a soft water system here in plant. Trucks are filled with soft water now so no need for the magnet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

iron_man_fly_render_farrukh.jpg

Name
jack zerkie
Yep 15 years and counting My Hydramaster 470D had one and no problems. I now have one on my classy base Cobb unit and no problems. All I know is dirt in dirt out but the magnet does NOT soften the water but aligns the molecules in the water not soft but they slide through the magnet like a marching band in perfect forum jz.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Chatted with some window washers who had a reverse osmosis unit. If I ever get a truckmount, that will be inline, somehow.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think it's more marketing it, and turning a one van company into three in two years.. I'm sure it works great also!! I had a long conversation with one of my customers that has a chemistry major.. I'm really leaning to use RO, but I need to find more help!

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
We all discussed water softeners in relation to upholstery cleaning a few weeks ago. I have been using distilled water to wash windows (which I hate doing) and lo! You rinse them off and no need to squeegee! It stands to reason that the less mineralization, the better the cleaning, so when I saw these guys doing a constant flow wash, I took time to get acquainted. They are not cheap units, but save so much time it is ridiculous. Seems as if it would save a ton of damage and maintenance, as well as being a premium selling point, like "We only use super-purified water" or "The hell with 'activated water', let us REALLY clean your carpet!" In very hard water zones and the right clientele, maybe it would help. Anyhow, my hypothetical supply tank would get only the demineralized water (just to keep things humming along).

Reactions: Able 1

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Regular Hydroforce Branded Water Softners on all my vans (from Interlink) and also have water softener systems in the shop, so we bypass them and only use them when needed to fill out in the field.

We have hard water and high ph in some areas for water (one community city water 10.5 ph!) so we tend not to use water from other places to try and make sure we know what we are cleaning with each day for water quality.

I look forward to hearing more about this project though....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Kind of like the marketing of encap scampoos. Yeah you really want to believe they encapsulate dirt but sadly in reality the truth is all they do is leave a dry residue. And those film formers just leave a hard plastic coating that is difficult to come off a fiber.

I'm now going to sell my " RectoMAG" to you guys who need it. Cures everything under the sun! Aligns all of your molecules in your body to make you.......right! Field tested on Marty the " Human Pig"
Special internet pricing of $1,2075.95 for the first 100 buyers.
Add $125 for teflon coating for a smoother glide .............FREE SHIPPING!

ACT NOW!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom