Major strip job on Slate

asupremeclean

This job was a nasty one. 40 plus years of floor finish build up on slate.

They had a flood and the sealant cracked and broke up and looked like this.[attachment=2:3h2o1mvu]041small.jpg[/attachment:3h2o1mvu][attachment=1:3h2o1mvu]042small.jpg[/attachment:3h2o1mvu][attachment=0:3h2o1mvu]043small.jpg[/attachment:3h2o1mvu]

After pictures to come...

asupremeclean

This is how the floor looked after...

[attachment=2:2m3mxf2y]044small.jpg[/attachment:2m3mxf2y][attachment=1:2m3mxf2y]045small.jpg[/attachment:2m3mxf2y][attachment=0:2m3mxf2y]046small.jpg[/attachment:2m3mxf2y]

I realize the grout is not perfect. It needed to be color sealed. I offered it to the home owner but she was so amazed with the results she said she doesn't need it. I told her to give it a few days and she may change her mind.

asupremeclean

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest it I had to use a ton of it and at a very strong dilution. Maybe just the job called for it.

It was from Franklin "OFFence"

If anyone knows of a better stripper let me know.

This was one stripper that managed to piss me off. Instead of the otherway around. :lol:

asupremeclean

Oh and I used the Cimex with stripper pads, a grout brush, a hand brush, some elbow grease, and the spinner to rinse.

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
asupremeclean said:

This was one stripper that managed to piss me off. Instead of the otherway around. :lol:

"Ripsaw" by Buckeye

asupremeclean

cmaster said:
asupremeclean said:

"Ripsaw" by Buckeye

Can you point me in the right direction? Perhaps a supplier on this side of our border.

Gary T

Johnson's Fastrip. I did a very similar slate job last year the Offense was only so-so. Fastrip nuked it the first time. Mix it with cool water.

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
asupremeclean said:
cmaster said:
asupremeclean said:

"Ripsaw" by Buckeye

Can you point me in the right direction? Perhaps a supplier on this side of our border.

http://www.san-a-care.com/

Their site says they are a Buckeye distributor.

asupremeclean

Thanks Paul,

And Albert, they had just lost their Mother who was taking care of the floor, and I overheard them saying that, "Mother would be so happy to see her floor look new again."
So I guess that's close enough, huh.

That's why I love my job. Instant job satisfaction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom