Manifold and 2.5 hose

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had some extra time today so I half ass'ed hooked all the parts up and rigged it a bit ..and fired up the truck..................

First thing that I noticed was the way my truck and equipment sounded... much better and did not have such a load on it...............

the 2.5 hose came off the truck and reduced down to a 2 inch and then went into the house.............

Mike was right I am eating my words.........I could not beleave how dry I was leaving everything .......with the increase of the jets and lift I could see a difference in the cleaning...great flushing power and recovery.........I did loose some heat and had to turn it up some but once I got it where I wanted it .........it was fine after that........

If you have not tried this .........get a hold of Greenie and get this set up......

I bet it would save some of you from having to drag out a fan most the time......................

Name
Ron lippold
O and by the way Mikey with 20 flow how many times a day are you dumping, I have to drain after every job, lots of water.

Rex Tyus

When I saw 2.5" manifold I got excited till I realized it was another pimped toy for the V :p .

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
By the way Jim, you're welcome. LOL

I'm sorry....you are correct...I have had my head else where lately

Thank You to Mike,Greenie and everyone who help me with this......
what a great set up......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks for pointing it out.......I have had a few issues here and like I said my head has not been clear for the for most.......

Greenie

Bolt on 2.5" hook ups for the "normal" truckmounts are ready soon, you have a 2.5" hole saw right?

First orders are to ship Tue.

I'll post pics as soon as I take em'

Rex Tyus

Bolt on 2.5" hook ups for the "normal" truckmounts are ready soon, you have a 2.5" hole saw right?

First orders are to ship Tue.

I'll post pics as soon as I take em'

:D :D :D :D :D

2 1/2 HOSE

In our vacuum systems, we have a 550 volt 20 hp unit that has a roots 47 blower. We install central vacuum pipe that is 1500 ft per vacuum zone, with vacuum drops along the way for a 2'' hose hookup for vacuuming. The first 1000 ft we install 4'' pipe then go down to 3'' pipe with 2'' drops.
In 1980 when we first stared installing systems we installed 2'' pipe, it worked ok for 2 hoses at one time, but now that we install the 4'' system we can run 6 hoses at one time. Now keep in mind this vacuum system is a dry vacuum system for the most part, for the post-office.
In 2001 I had a carpet cleaner that had a job where he needed to pull 950 ft of hose on a 14" wand with a 45 blower. There was a 2'' fmpt fitting welded on the recovery tank, but if you take the barb out of the 2'' fmpt the opening is 2 ½". Have you guys ever seen a fernco? It's a rubber boot with 2 hose clamps on it, that you can get at Home Depot. After taking the 2'' barb out, we clamped the fernco on the outside of the 2'' fmpt and put the 2 ½" vacuum hose in the fernco. Any way this is what we did to hookup the 2 ½" hose on this 950 ft job; we ran 300 ft of hose and it worked very good. On our truck-mounts we have two vacuum hookups one is 2'' and one is 2 ½" for long pulls. You guys are on the right track with 2 ½" hose.
smalljpeg.jpg

gg.jpg

bbbbb.jpg

Picturehhhh.jpg

gggg.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The more I play with this the more I am amazed at what it can do............

I hope that this is not limited to just the larger trucks and that everyone can chose to use a set up like this................

If anyone gets a chance to try this I strongly recommend it..........

Greenie

2.5 is pretty easy to do now. Here are all the dual wand set ups, same can be done in a single hook up as well:

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01722.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ain't none of my business and all but you should post these pictures where everyone can see them...................

Not something that one should put in a locked room........these are items that people can use and benefit from........and there are still a lot that cant view them........I can understand somethings

Greenie

Supporting members get first crack at the cool toys.

I'm not shy about it, if a guy don't recognize the value of the $5 a month, he can always hang out on the blueboard and argue religion and politics.

G

The 2.5 inch y are nice but not new. Been used in the auotomobile biz for years.

Rex Tyus

The 2.5 inch y are nice but not new. Been used in the auotomobile biz for years.

The same could be said for air diffusers and the hvac industry. But somebody is selling an ass load of "laminar" flow fans.

The same could be said for positive displacement blowers. They weren't developed for carpet cleaning but someone started the ball rolling.

The same could be said for cat pumps.......

My point is, what is your point?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom