Marble entry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Kinda dull has dirty grout lines should I use a stone pro product to clean? then polish?

using 5x polishing powder? I talked to her about using different grits and polishing and just polishing she wants to polish it for now.

is oxyblaster not recommended and stay away from a spinner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
Ron lippold
Call rob over at stone pro he will fix you up with the horse hair pads and the polish, it's very user friendly.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
IF and only if you are going to powder polish, you can use an oxy to clean with,( it will knock down any remaining shine.)or a good quality
neutral natural stone cleaner, then turbo using a brush ring. water only rinse.
Then proceed w/ powder polish from Stone Pro.

And above all call Rob.

Reactions: SamIam

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
As long as you are using the brush ring and not the teflon ring... minimizes the risks of scratching... make sure to dust mop 1st.

Reactions: SamIam

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Don't use the oxy, the turbo will not "add" any new scratches. But will reveal all the scratches that are already present. With the polish your customer should be ecstatic with the results.

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
You can clean the grout with the powder polish. Brush all of the grout lines prior to extraction. They will look like new again.

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
I wasn't concerned whether or not Sam could get them cleaned, I was worried about the grout possibly being sanded and causing him problems if it gets under his equipment.

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
I wasn't concerned whether or not Sam could get them cleaned, I was worried about the grout possibly being sanded and causing him problems if it gets under his equipment.

No worries. I was just saying that the polish is a very good cleaner as well.

Regarding sanded grout: I have not had too many problems with this. In my experience it has not been an issue. This is especially true if he uses an extractor between grits.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I dont think its sanded looks wider in the picture its definitely white on the edges and black every where else.

thanks for the info.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
OK last question where do I get a squeegee wand? or do I need one?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
OK last question where do I get a squeegee wand?
Janitorial supplies

Inspect for loose or missing grout before and during cleaning. I would follow Ted's advise and just clean with the polishing powder. However, the marble probably could use some kind of honing prior to polishing. An 800 grit monkey is quick and easy and should not get you in much trouble.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom