Marble Identification

RickL

Anyone seen this marble before I've done a pretty good search and nothing.
The etching in the second pic is from a dog getting sick on it. Will be posting after pics monday or tues.
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

fhueston

yes I have seen this before..It looks like a turkish marble similar to crystal salmon or something like that..Very easy to repair.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Never seen it but regarding the white squares. If it's not manmade it's probably thassos. You gonna hone or monkey pad?

Albert

RickL

Albert I used the Monkey Pads but the customer didn't want a real high shine I spent about 20 sec in each area and brought it up to about the 3rd level monkey pad and used a 175 rotary with 25lbs on it.
I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO THINK I'M TRYING TO SHOW A GOOD RESULT BECAUSE OF THE LIGHTING. the angle of the pics are the same but the light had brightened some right when we finished as the sun was directly in front of the house this is just the way it turned out. However if you look in the first pic you can see the lack of any reflection and the light was there (just not as intense) and the floor had zero reflection. Also the mark on the first pic is etched because the dog got sick and the stomach acid dulled the stone. I'm sure the stone guys will eat me up over this but it was exactly what the customer wanted and she was extremely pleased.
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

RickL

Mike no I brought it down to 800 to make sure we got the etching and some fine scratches and then up to 8000. The "Etching" was not something you could feel with your fingernail just dull.
Like I said though only about 20-30 sec in an area with a 175 with 25lbs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom