Marble ?

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a job white marble that a dog pissed on. These are large tiles and I am told
You can't feel it, but it has dulled out. What would you do?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Pee comes out acid and can etch marble which is a very acid sensitive stone. You can try cleaning it with stone safe products but more than likely they will need to have it polished to remove the etching.

matt sheppard

yes use the monkey pads they do a very good job at polishing marble. i've done two jobs so far and both have come out great!! anyone who considers them "hackish" is missing out on the fact that you can sell that service as a "maintenance" procedure at lower price point with a higher profit margin because they are so easy to use and cleanup is a breeze

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sweep and then clean with mild alkaline. Then polish with Monkey pads / Viper pads / Spinergy pads.

I have written a reference guide for doing this type of work. I will email to anyone you requests it. I need your email. The file is over 9 meg so you need a server that won't block large files. Otherwise send me you mailing address and I will mail you one.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Ditto on Magic Al marble cream, especially for one spot. Contains the polish and a hog hair pad. Super easy.

http://groundfloor.org/product/product_ ... dd20bfb7e0

Stone Magic Polishing Crème $34.95
Stone Magic Polishing Crème
Click to enlarge

Absolutely the finest polishing crème ever developed for the natural stone industry. The crème vanquishes all small scratches, eliminates deep etch marks and hardens the surface of the stone to shield against future scratching and etching. Those annoying residue rings left from wine glasses and coffee mugs will also easily disappear. The magic crème releases a light and pleasurable fresh scent. Only a small application is needed to clean and protect the entire surface.

(Available in convenient 6 oz. jars with applicator pad.)
Download the MSDS for this product.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Warren;

I have used both for restoring the polish.

If you polish with diamond pads, you should be fine since they just utilize water.

If you use any polish containing an acid component, be sure you mask around the area you are polishing.

Wet any remaining area.

Most of them do contain an acid component.

The good ones use a time-release acid for better polishing.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom