Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

EDS

Name
Ed
I suggest getting the occupants to watch Reefer Madness...filthy animals...

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm seeing more offering of this service listed on vans and sites.

I suppose if your after rental work it's a must nowadays..

A buddy of mine just got a job with the county as an inspector for medical marijuana stores and legal grow houses. Possible referral source so I better brush up on how to de stank

Reactions: Nomad74

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As a quote from Redd Fox to his wife lying in bed with him, " You need to wash that ass!"

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Just talked to John Otero (Unsmoke) today concerning a difficult marijuana odor removal.

He recommended cleaning first with Tabac Attack water-based deodorant.

And then fogging with Tabac Attack Thermo 55 to eliminate the last traces of the odor.

The HVAC should be on for the thermal fogging.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=5240
Larry, I don't understand the link to Stain Solv - how does it relate to removing marijuana odor?

John Otero

Name
Johnny O
There will be some cases depending on how old or how long the owner lived in the home where you will need to have the coils acid washed because the nicotine odor has developed on the coils for the air conditioner. Every situation is different you might have to also wash the walls and add the TabacAttack in your cleaners as well.
If you are going to clean the ducts I only recommend using a EPA registered product like Microban DSP Fragrance Free.
You are more than welcome to email me at j.otero@legendbrands.net for additional information.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If the mj odor is really strong as to require advanced measures, one wonders what the next customer might smell on you as you walk in....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There will be some cases depending on how old or how long the owner lived in the home where you will need to have the coils acid washed because the nicotine odor has developed on the coils for the air conditioner. Every situation is different you might have to also wash the walls and add the TabacAttack in your cleaners as well.
If you are going to clean the ducts I only recommend using a EPA registered product like Microban DSP Fragrance Free.
You are more than welcome to email me at j.otero@legendbrands.net for additional information.
Coil cleaner is available at HVAC suppliers. Easy to use, just spray and rinse.

Any time there is a residue left on surfaces, cleaning makes deodorizing more effective.

I'd be a little concerned spraying anything into the duct system. I'm not familiar with that Microban product but there are few if any products approved by the EPA for spraying in air ducts.

Most products would be fine. However should something go wrong you'd be using a product not approved for that use.

Ticky tack sh*t sure. But the kind of stuff attorney's love.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I get my share of Prop 215 houses. Thats California code for legal Medical Marijuana. I've had killer results with Pro's Choice X-Cide CT+ for Marijuana. I know odorcide has got something new out also.
x-cide-for-smoke-ct-png.11984

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
How do you apply it Damon?
Ok, get ready.....

I mix 16:1 and spray walls and ceiling with my penguin sprayer using the upholstery misting tip. I then mix 8:1 to 4:1 and spray carpet and rake it in. Then I take a humidifier and mix 16:1 and let it run over night. I place the humidifier under the HVAC Return and leave the fan running over night. You may need to place the humidifier on a ladder to get it directly under the return vent. It's a two day process but my results have been awesome. My property management customers love me because of this.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wouldn't just using a cold fogger and turning on the AC fan work just as well?
Put fans blowing around to circulate.
You could put the fogger on a timer and leave the area then it will shut off after say a half hour.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Wouldn't just using a cold fogger and turning on the AC fan work just as well?
Put fans blowing around to circulate.
You could put the fogger on a timer and leave the area then it will shut off after say a half hour.
There's more than one way to skin a cat. That's just my method. I'm not sure about a fogger on a timer. Currently I'm deodorizing a bad smoking apartment. I did the process as explained above but instead of the humidifier, I left my Ozone generator in there. That thing does a good job also. More than one way.

Just make sure everything is dry before using an Ozone machine.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'd be a little concerned spraying anything into the duct system. I'm not familiar with that Microban product but there are few if any products approved by the EPA for spraying in air ducts.

Most products would be fine. However should something go wrong you'd be using a product not approved for that use.

One specific type of EPA approved Microban Disinfectant Spray has detailed duct
instructions :

"FOR AIR DUCT USAGE:
Applicators treating the inside of an air duct system with this product . . ."

We carry that specific type.

Use the proper EPA registered product.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Otero

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes the product is EPA approved.

However did the EPA say you can safely spray that product or any other into an HVAC system?

Last time I looked they said NO product is EPA approved for spraying into the HVAC system.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not dissing you at all I'm here to lern.
Done the ozone thing in apartments with some success.
Will that juice get rid of curry odor too?
I treat curry like pet odor. Never had an issue. Yet. I'm sure my time is coming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom