Masterblend "Magic" dye remover.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have a customer who has blue sock dye on a few good sized spots on beige nylon. My distributor sent me some "Magic" to try on it.

Has anyone used this product? Is it effective? Will it remove carpet dye?

I'm always nervous about trying products I've never used before. I would rather let Mrs. Pilf live with a stain than have to recarpet her bedroom.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You are thinking wrong. It's her spot. Why do you want to own it? The carpet is damaged. You are just trying to fix it. If the carpet is still damaged after your efforts so what. If you doubt your ability to make a difference, leave it alone or refer her to someone else.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
Magic is very potent at its suggested dilution.. I'd use 1/4 of what it says to use.. At least that's what we do on bled rugs.. You can always add more but can't take away..

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I am no expert and don't know if it works on blue dye and nylon. Jordan (clean king) would be much more helpful. My experience is only with red dye bleed on cotton fringes. The trick is to use a steamer and start slow. If you steam it until it's perfect then remove the heat, it will bleach it because it works until the heat is gone. When you remove the steamer there is still a cool down period where the magic remains active. Having a cold, wet towel handy is one way to slow down the process. The solution is to remove the steamer before you have the desired results so by the time it cools down you will have it perfect. Go too far and it's over. Don't go far enough and you can try again.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you do take the color out, you can always replace the color after neutralizing.

Reactions: Condog

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've used it. The stuff is amazing. Post pics before and after and let us know how it does for you.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
Cobbs dye stain remover is stink like most other even MB Magic..

We've had good success with CR-3 from
AmeriColor.. Still stink too...

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I appreciate the input. Even Marty. I'll take some pics and report back.

I've used red dye remover hundreds of times over the years. This is the first time in 13 years I've had a blue sock dye, so we'll give it a go!

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Magic will remove the original color on nylon. Color correction of this kind is super difficult with synthetic fibers. Maybe someone else has other experience, but unless it's a food related dye it's not coming out unless you bleach and re-dye.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Magic will remove the original color on nylon. Color correction of this kind is super difficult with synthetic fibers. Maybe someone else has other experience, but unless it's a food related dye it's not coming out unless you bleach and re-dye.

Thanks. I will definitely test an inconspicuous spot first and let the customer know the risk and make sure she knows it's on her if it removes the color.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom