" Mercedes" customers..

Mikey P

Administrator
Some thing I have found out that in these times it's my

" Mercedes" customers are the ones being hit pretty hard in this current market and times.

Where as my " Saturn" customers are doing well and not to affected my the market trends and what is going on.

Many are losing their high price jobs do to down sizing and the mortgage industry taking a crash.

So they get their out money and they are holding on to it.

I find these customers are still getting their carpets cleaned but having less done and not as much.

I find on the other hand my " bleu collar " customers are having things done spending money and are not too affected.

here are some truths

I find in my market the " Mercedes" customer does not always work where they live. To afford the cars and big house and what ever both have to work.

Most of these people don't know their neighbors.

Their friends live where they work out of town.

So how do you market to folks who are never home?

How to you get referrals when they don't even know the family across the street?

So it seems those gurus who are writing the marketing stuff seem to be quite removed from what's happening in real life in the trenches.

WARNING

Be aware of well tanned cheap suit wearing gurus

the slow season is just around the corner and they love to prey on the unprepared

rhyde

Name
rhyde
There are Mercedes clients and then there are the maxed everything out to barley afford to be Mercedes clients ..

It’s important to know the difference.

which group do you think well tanned cheap suit wearing gurus belong in...?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
My Mercedes customers which are all of them. Why think they are feeling economic failure. No they are not . Discount . NO. My clients are so fare and know what they will be achieving. A job that is done to there satisfaction.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Where as my " Saturn" customers are doing well and not to affected my the market trends and what is going on.

"Saturn" custys???? :shock:

DUDE!, you took me to the Saturn Cafe
I figure the folks that frequent THAT place don't give a squat about "clean"
That dingy joint looked like it hadn't been dusted or cleaned in a million years.
and the clientele were a bunch of wEErd-DOHs

Worser than YOU.. :lol: :lol:

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Business is good on both accounts

I keep having to Knock on wood when I say these things...maybe I should stop saying them.

tim

I think what Mike is saying mostly coincides with what I find. My "Mercedes" clients usually dont drive Mercedes. They are value conscious. They want their moneys worth and are not afraid to pay extra for it. The Mercedes drivers often are looking for the "look at me" and have way over-extended themselves in every facet of their life. Now they are in big trouble. There are people that wear flashy clothes, drive fancy cars, live in nice neighborhoods, and bounce checks all over town. One of my clients made the top 40 in wealthiest people in US this year. Lives in the old money neighborhood but drives a chevy, very humble and down to earth person. You would never know they were billionaires. They want good work done but are careful with their money. They want to know what things are going to cost, etc...I have found these value conscious customers live in every neighborhood. They want a great job at a fair price with excellent service. They are not over-extended nor will they ever be. That is the client I try to market to but honestly they usually come from referrals. The smart car driver makes sense. They want a value, they are practical. Well made but low cost and low cost of operation for short trips around town. Not a pimped out "look at me" car to impress people while 6 rooms in their over-mortgaged house dont have furniture.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
instead of Mercedes customers, around here we generally have escalade customers, keep in mind these people are mostly into show and looks, the wife is probably bleach blond with fake tits and fake pretty much everything else. everything is phony the house was way more than they could afford, the escalade is way more than they can afford, credit cards are maxed its a house of cards waiting to implode, both husband and wife are having to work to maintain their snobbish lifestyle, they act as if they are so much better than everyone else, but the reality is they don't make any more money than the neighbor next door. I personally would never own an escalade because of the category you are put in others minds.

Jose Smith

My clients are keeping me very busy. I read a recent article in one of the magazines that was so true. It spoke of my service being essential to these type of clients, regardless of the economy, stock market, etc.

I have a close friend who works at a Bentley dealership in Newport Beach. She says that Bentleys are still selling. Maybe 6 a month instead of the normal 10 per month. But the point is, they are still being bought in my area. I'm sure the same is true at the Mercedes dealership, as well as BMW, Lexus, etc.

These are the people I focus on. My clients are still buying new luxury cars, still going on vacation to Europe, and still using my services.

Jose Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom