Mikeys Board Made Famous Through HOST

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Saw the Bulletin News letter from HOST today and it was all posts from Mikeys Board. It explained that HOST was in competition with Vortex and other Cleaning methods. In conclusion after all the posts from Mikeysboard it finishes:

So yes! HOST was the clear winner of all types of cleaning machines used by actual professional cleaners in a real world setting(much to the chagrin of cleaners who have spent tons of thousands of dollars on equipment that they are constantly repairing). As you can see, some can't wrap their minds around the HOST concept, even though they have been reminded that it works. Yet they can't deny the results and they are intrigued. Hooray for another clean off win for HOST.

Deborah Lema
Research and Education

Gotta love her

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that's good marketing right there :!:

it don't hurt my feelings a bit --- Derek.

Jimbo

I guess they owe you a new host machine, Mike!

Good thing Thom used UPS to send your new Vortex out that he owes you...he can just redirect it somewhere else!

ps can you picture cleaning up one of these messes with HOST?

DSC00716.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00716.jpg
    DSC00716.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 320

Dan Joner

Good job, Mike. As many our friends around here are so fond of saying, follow the money. I'm sure we'll be seeing several HOST banners across the site, and soon, a new board name - Mikey's HOST Board.

Why did I ever spend all that money on HWE equipment?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just got off the phone with the guys from HOST and they say they paid Mikefest $3000 to be approved the winner.

Sounds a little SOA to me

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just another company using good ole honest carpet cleaners to make a buck.

Might as well call this Mikey's whore house for the way the industry tries to use these BB's for their own good.

hogjowl

Idiot™
But, Jimbo ... this bulletin board is a breath of fresh air and can't be bought buy suppliers advertising dollars!

Monthly contributions ... now that's a another thing all together.

harryhides

Name
Tony
What I like about this board and about MF is that everything is looked at with an open mind. Any carpet cleaner that has tried all methods of cleaning will usually find that most if not all are good for some cleaning situations.

Personally, I use several methods or combinations of methods in my business. What wasn't mentioned was that the Host cleaning took far longer than any other method at MF. Also the cost of the sponges were the highest product of all the methods used per sq. However, Host is certainly useful in some situations and useless in others, same goes for a truck mount.
Now Debbie, let us know when a truck mount will be invited to demonstrate at a HostFest to clean some frieze or multi-level Staple yarn Nylon carpet with a few urine stains.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Greenie

Trying to host clean a couch can be a bitch, that machine is heavier than you think.

Everything has it's place.

Name
Deborah Lema
I was asked to write up a brief on MF, so I did. Plus, I thought that putting the Mikey's Board web address out there to more people would be good free publicity for the board.

We were invited to participate and did well. Why can't we talk about it?

And Tony, I agree with your points. When we're involved with some kind of comparison cleaning, we invite different types of systems too.

I'll ask to do a follow-up newsletter and I'll mention the cost and time differences. I'd also like to include set-up times, average dry times, water and energy use, and average equipment maintenance costs for the other systems there. Also, I would need to know how many cleanings all the systems there would need to perform to match the same appearance level, so that the chemical costs per square foot can be multiplied accordingly. Please contact me with such details if you have them.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Lee Stockwell
I like Debbie...she can play with the big boys..lol

Actually I keep a little foil bag of Host in my spotting bag, for uses good and "bad".

Thanks,
Lee

Greg Loe

Great come back! :D

but what about "some frieze or multi-level Staple yarn Nylon carpet with a few urine stains?"

And what about "Trying to host clean a couch can be a bitch, that machine is heavier than you think."
:wink:

Name
Deborah Lema
Greg Loe said:
Great come back! :D
but what about "some frieze or multi-level Staple yarn Nylon carpet with a few urine stains?"
And what about "Trying to host clean a couch can be a bitch, that machine is heavier than you think."
:wink:

Okay... the frieze I would not brush if it was shaggy and looked like it couldn't take it; the nylon I would clean no problem, and he's right about the couch.

Regards,
Debbie

Mikey P

Administrator
Concerning the "job" we all did at the skating rink.
After two weeks it looked horrible. Returning spots, streaks, new spots, blotchyness you name it.
So while I took a few days off last week I sent my Chimp over there with a Cimex and some ENC and he spent four hours going over the whole place real carefully. It was only his second time using the Mex so granted He was not moving at Ricky like speeds.

I was there tonight and the still whole joint looks great. Nice and even.

The situation there demands that it be extracted one day and Shampooed the next.

And like it's been mentioned before, the Hosted area was the least soiled. It did look the best after MF for sure, there's no denying that.. Nice and bright but we really should have gave it a whack in the entry.

Next year.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
being a BB whore mike will happily take the 5 beans a month from all the host cleaners. Hey on this board we have all different types of cleaners who stand by their methods and then some of us have multiple methods. If there are enough host cleaners Mikey will even give you your own room for a price. Great Letter Deb and I am sure Mike will send you a Mikey Sticker for the free publicity

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
" HOST was the clear winner of all types of cleaning machines used by actual professional cleaners in a real world setting(much to the chagrin of cleaners who have spent tons of thousands of dollars on equipment that they are constantly repairing)."

No "chagrin" with me Debbie, but curious what other methods YOU have real world experience with?
Curious if you have ANY "real world" cleaning experience?
Or just a marketing person raised to believe that dumping corn cob media saturated in solvents and grinding them in is the best system available?

" As you can see, some can't wrap their minds around the HOST concept,"

Maybe "some", but I dare say, most of us here use other methods as well.
It's the "one method wonders" who are generally blinded by marketing hype and innuendo that the other methods are inferior.
I'd suggest it's the VLM only marketing crowd that are the worst offenders.
It's in their intere$t to keep their subjects blind and dumb to all the other methods by suggesting other methods other than the one they sell are inferior and implying that across the board.

It seems that shoe may fit you now.
Disingenuous at best
Sleazy marketing and out right lies at worst

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
MeAt it was a letter written to Host members not the general public. I am not sure I wrote that up top.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Meat has such a way with the words that make my toes curl.

He said basically the same thoughts I had but I like my direct ones better.

Mikey's whorehouse just sounds mean spirited.

"And das the way I like it....UHuH ...UHuh ...do alittle dance....make a little love.....Git down tonight!"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rotovac1 said:
MeAt it was a letter written to Host members not the general public. I am not sure I wrote that up top.

I'm hip RV1

thus my comment;

I'd suggest
it's the VLM only marketing crowd that are the worst offenders.
It's in their intere$t to keep their subjects blind and dumb
to all the other methods by suggesting other methods
other than the one they sell are inferior
and implying that across the board.

sleazy, slimmy, slithery spit tongue snake marketing
is most used by the VLM only gEEks
imHo, of coarse....

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Larry I never cared for the type of advertising Host has been known to do.

They had that the ad campaign "You wouldn't throw your suit in a washer, why would you treat your carpets that way" .

Negative advertising doesn't help the cleaning industry! :oops:
Why can't they promote their method without taking shots at other methods?

We use the best method for the job, we have used Host along with HWE, Encap and Padding. They all have a place in the cleaners tool box, I just don't see Host as my primary method.

And who walks on a suit anyway? :?

Greenie

Apparantly, hte best part of the Bulletin going out is there might just be a handfull of Kool-aid drinkers that will see the light through MikeysBoard.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom