Minimum charges

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm curious what are the minimums. I don't do flood but occasional a small a/c leak ect.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't offically have one but due to our pricing structure it would be hard to get an invoice for less than $600.00.

On those very small losses I explain that our service is geared towards larger losses not small. If they think they would like to attempt it on their own, I walk them through what needs to be done. Some still have us do the work, other do handle on their own.

I sincerely try to help them as much as I can. Some call back though the process with more questions, which I'm glad to answer.

If I can help them with the small ones, next time when its too big or too difficult for them to handle on their own, hopefully they call us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
We don't offically have one but due to our pricing structure it would be hard to get an invoice for less than $600.00.

On those very small losses I explain that our service is geared towards larger losses not small. If they think they would like to attempt it on their own, I walk them through what needs to be done. Some still have us do the work, other do handle on their own.

I sincerely try to help them as much as I can. Some call back though the process with more questions, which I'm glad to answer.

If I can help them with the small ones, next time when its too big or too difficult for them to handle on their own, hopefully they call us.

That's what I try to do as well. Help folks out and walk them through it if I can.

We have a $500 minimum at this point. We recently moved it up in that range. It is hard to get to the other side of San Antonio for anything less.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a $500 minimum at this point
Its just too difficult to justify when they are small. Hell, I'd do them all day for $500.00 but when they are that small, most people do them on their own.

We did 88-losses last month for an average just over 2k. That's really about where the average loss lands. Large or more affected are going to be more.

Reactions: Jeremy N

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I told someone who called with half a flooded room it wouldn't be less than 500.00. She laughed and hung up.
Whatever, I don't really want that kind of work anyway. It's to hard to fit that kind of job in when you only have one truck and an unreliable helper.
Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I told someone who called with half a flooded room it wouldn't be less than 500.00. She laughed and hung up.
Yea not everyone will be your client, just like carpet cleaning. I talked to someone yesterday looking to have his apartment cleaned.

Mostly like a student move out. He couldn't hang the phone up fast enough when I told him we had a $148.00 minimum.
Can't service them all! :biggrin:

Name
Nate W.
Yea not everyone will be your client, just like carpet cleaning. I talked to someone yesterday looking to have his apartment cleaned.

Mostly like a student move out. He couldn't hang the phone up fast enough when I told him we had a $148.00 minimum.
Can't service them all! :biggrin:

$246.07 here....... I might just have to start wearing a bow tie too...... Maybe I'll just take the one from my night job...

Name
Ross Martin
I charge 100 per hour flat rate, plus travel time.

I only get the occasional call as well.

I ask a LOT of questions before doing it. If I hear anything like "we just got back from being up North for 6 weeks" or "The a/c been leaking for I don't know how long", I tell them they have mold and have to call a restoration company.

I will post spray Microban and double product cost.

If I leave fans, I will charge them on the invoice and then remove the charge. A lot of goodwill.

I always charge with a 5 or 0 on the end. I like round numbers. We don't charge tax here.

Gene

You have to be careful with that. In FL there is no sales tax on service, but if you leave something behind on a non-fixed item, there is. If you read the statute, it is very clear.

So if you charge for fabric protection or upholstery or rugs, it is taxable.

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/tips/tip03a01-17.html

Wacky.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
$750 if cash out and no monitoring, etc and within 30 miles of shop. $1k if cash out and nor monitoring and more than 30 miles...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom