MMM, managed maintenance Mafia.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
A friend Got a call from a company from New Jersey called Emco I believe. Have any of you heard of them or had dealings with them. They want some tile done. It would be a large amount of money to gain and also to be beat out of. :x I am reluctant to chase this down out of the things i have heard bad about this "type" of company. Any one work as a sub for someone out of state and how did it work out. Any comments are appreciated.

Mister Sir

Matt King

I've done some of these before. Many I turn down. There's a company in Florida that calls for some bookstores to be done. They pay 7-7.5 cents per sq. ft. The thing is with these, the Maintenance company based their estimate on the total sq. ft. of the store. So a typical 3000 sq. ft. store would be about 225 dollars. However, you don't have to move any of the bookshelves which accounts for at least half of that 3000. In short, the job takes about an hour once I'm set up and it's easy work. Not much gum or heavy traffic in a bookstore. I have however been asked to do alot of other places for other companies. I've found their pay rate is about 4 cents per sq. ft. I politely decline and give them the phone numbers for the 3 highest priced cleaners in town..

WISE

The Co in NJ is Emcon. We have done a few jobs for them. BE AWARE, it will take you a minimum of 45 days to get your money---it says so right on the Request for Bid. We installed new carpet in a Lens Crafters and another store in the mall...can't remember the name.

THe one in FL is likely ECO Construction. We cleaned some Game Stop stores for them.

Legit companies....just a PITA.

WISE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom