Mold

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Just started the most intensive mold job I have ever seen personally. 1200 sf condo plus one other unit lightly affected. Looks amazing. Mold 4 to 7 feet up the walls. Dishwasher malfunction and the owners were out for a month or two. Growing on the cabinets, furniture, appliances, drapes, and just everywhere. It is going to make for some great before and after pictures. I felt so bad for the owner. When I walked into the home today with him it was the first time he saw the damage. He was just speechless and devastated. This is as bad as it gets for a WDR job. There is nothing salvageable in the home. It will be down to the framing and a build back. Gives you empathy for hurricane and tsunami victims for sure. I will post pictures on my webpage after we are done for those who are interested.
Al

Becker

Name
Becker
Got you so excited you posted it twice.

Yeah, the pic would be cool to see!

I had a guy call me out last month.

Said he wanted me to clean his carpets as he had a flood, washer hose broke, put 2 inches of water across 700 sq ft of his house.

I was thinking he had it professional dried out and was just hiring me for final cleaning.

Nope.. he sucked it up via shop vac, and put fans on it.

Carpet all browned out.

I told him I could get the browning out, and showed him with a mist of clear water rinse...

But told him he has bigger problems.

I asked him if I could pull off a section of baseboard.
Drywall was soaked, baseboard had water behind it.

This was 9 days later.

He was to affraid to write a check for $1000.00 and have the pros come out to clean it up.

Now I wonder, with his homeowners cover it.

Oh and his floors were all buckled.. He was just going to sand and refinish.

Crazy!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this one was a tad moldy

100_0057.jpg

100_0055.jpg

supply line under the sink froze and popped in an empty.
Ran for weeks (at least) before anyone discovered it

gutted it to the studs and rebuilt..... 8)

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Al it would be hard not to feel sorry for your customers. I mean we are there to help and we do make a profit off of the losses but you'd have to be heartless not to care about your clients too.

Last week we had two instances where a car when though a business and the days later a house.

A woman ran a van though a doctors office, she mistakenly kept pushing on the gas instead of the brake. Glass and sheetrock dust clean up though out the suite, she melted the carpet when she kept her foot on the pedal.

6-days later had an 83-year old man run right through his garage almost through the house when he did the same thing. Broke a pipe in the wall flooded the dining room and into the basement.

Poor old guys he told the crew "when I mess things up I realy do it big." thathurts

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Two in one week is pretty amazing. Some unaware driver over there. We haven't done one of those in years.
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was shocked too, two within the same week. :shock:
We don't see many of them either, once in a blue moon.

We go the first through the reconstruction contractor, we do emergency work for them. The second called us because of the water damage.

I'm sure it happens more often than we are called out, I see it in the paper occassionally. So either they do the cleanup themselves or a competitor is doing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom