Monitoring fee... Mileage???

Name
John
Need some opinions.... We're working on a loss that's 60 miles round trip... We've always just charge exactimate daily monitoring fee of 42.70 but was curious if anyone charged mileage on top of that or what you guys do?? Just take the monitoring fee or what?? Thanks guys

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes we do and no we wouldn't. :very_drunk:

Yes anything outside our service area we would charge mileage on top of the monitoring charge.
Our service area is 30-miles so a 60-round tip for us would follow under a standard charge. Had it been further into our extended service area, yes we would have charged more for it.

John just where are you at in Oakeelahoma?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For carpet cleaning a $1.00 round trip. For wdr it would be either hourly or an extended service call which I think is about 1.5 times the standard.

Name
John
So for wdr the monitor fee is billed 42.70 hour ..... So ur saying I should charge that plus another 42.70 for an hour of drive time per day? Monitor job takes 20 minutes max??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that sounds cheap are you checking them on bicycle? :icon_razz:

I'll have to ask, they guys are out right now but I thought we were closer to $75.00 and $115.00 if extend.

Tech hours time for travel, plus truck.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Monitor charges clearly state in the description that travel time is charged at the same rate. So if it a 3 hour round trip and 1 hour to monitor the job site, then you need to charge 4 hours per trip.

Just make sure your port address and job site address when plugged into a maps site like Google matches your time claims.

I did forget to ask if you are on programs as that changes everything.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We do what Mike does.

You just have to get your estimate/invoice in before the field adjuster does, as for the most part a lot of them will just put the bare min for monitoring hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom