Monster Porty

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Whaat .. it says dual cord ..
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

this Mytee ETM will need a generator 4600 watts to run the machine as is. It you want to add heat, then you would need even a larger generator, probably 8000 watts or greater.

Cord Dual
Amp Draw Cord One: 20, Cord Two: 10

One 30A 230 VAC plug, split into a 20A 230VAC & a 10A 230VAC cords.

Attachments

• clear1x1.gif
    clear1x1.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 168
Reactions: Spurlington

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The specs I see say two 6.6" vac motors (parallel) and PumpTec pump.

We have three extractors with same vacs, and Cat Pump system for less
Cat1XLM.jpg
Tile & Grout Capable

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...escription=1&keyword=MY354+or+DC362+or+MY2152

You mention having 3 with same vacs n cat pump for less ..

First one you show, the Mosquito has same vacs and is priced less but only 220 psi

The last one you show the Breeze says high efficency vac with 500psi then 400 psi and is also priced less

Cant really compare these two with the AirFlex .. so cheaper means nothing

The second one you show the Mytee is much closer and a few hundred cheaper but says 1100 air watts and the AirFlex says (625x2) 1250 air watts so pay less for less vac ..

Will or do you have a machine that has the dual 6.6 1250 air watts with a pump to do tile n grout (750-1200) on a dual cord? If so, send all accurate specs for me to consider. Thanks !!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You mention having 3 with same vacs n cat pump for less ..

First one you show, the Mosquito has same vacs and is priced less but only 220 psi

The last one you show the Breeze says high efficency vac with 500psi then 400 psi and is also priced less

Cant really compare these two with the AirFlex .. so cheaper means nothing

The second one you show the Mytee is much closer and a few hundred cheaper but says 1100 air watts and the AirFlex says (625x2) 1250 air watts so pay less for less vac ..

Will or do you have a machine that has the dual 6.6 1250 air watts with a pump to do tile n grout (750-1200) on a dual cord? If so, send all accurate specs for me to consider. Thanks !!
A machine like that does not and cannot exist. Use your common sense. Each 6.6 vacmotor takes 13-14 amps each. There is 2 cords. A 1000 psi pump will take 10 - 15 amps depending on motor size. There is the third cord. Tile cleaning extractors normally use 2-2 stage vac motors at about 7-8 amps each allowing the machine to run on 2 cords. The problem is if you want to clean carpets, your vacuum isn't all that great. Good for tiles, not so good for carpets.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Electrical engineering is far from common knowledge - so how could I use common sense? I simply asked if it were possible to have something as close as it can get with only 2 cords. Im amazed at how much can be done with so little as it is.

I am aware of the 1200 psi models having been paired with lower amp vac motors to keep the cord count down due to the high draw of the 1200 psi model .. then I stumble onto the AirFlex. Reducing my pressure max to 800psi to have the dual 6.6 vac all on 2 cords sound good to me !!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
800 psi and a 6.6 vac may be possible on one cord, but it has to be on a 20 amp circuit and even then you may blow breakers here and there.

rick imby

Name
Rick
@Spurlington Larry has done a ton of fiddling around with vac motors/ air watts. Larry and Don at Steambrite have done a lot of hot rodding porty builds.

On another (from a different world) Forum Larry Cobb and @Jim M. have done a bunch of building and measuring results of different vac motors and combinations. Larry know his Stuff on Porties.

One of the portable secrets most people don't know is never start your porty up without your vac hoses and wand already hooked up. Rotary vac motors pull more power the higher rpm they are running at. When you add resistance to the vacuum the power demand is lower. Putting a glide on your wand will help keep your porty from blowing fuses also....

This would not be true with a normal electric motor turning a blower.---normal electric motors take a lot of amperage at low rpm and use less amperage at near their max rpm.-----I have played with electric bikes a lot. An electric motor that is designed for 1200 rpm when running at 300 rpm will drain a battery and heat up the controller and the motor in a Flash....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
One of the portable secrets most people don't know is never start your porty up without your vac hoses and wand already hooked up. Rotary vac motors pull more power the higher rpm they are running at. When you add resistance to the vacuum the power demand is lower. Putting a glide on your wand will help keep your porty from blowing fuses also....
Agreed in principle Rick, but you have the description backwards. Centrifugal vacs run the lowest speed when moving the most air - the energy spent moving that air loads (and slows down) the motor. When you add resistance (drawing a vacuum and therefore moving less air) the vac speeds up because of the lower load. Put your hand over any porty or shop vac and you can hear the speed increase - and the amps go down.

But I definitely agree that starting the vac(s) only after you have attached the hose, wand, and glide will draw the lowest amps and give you the best shot at not tripping breakers.

If your statement had said "centrifugal vac motors pull more power the more air they move" then I would agree 100% with what you said.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just checked on our 3/4 HP motor at the shop.

It is very efficient construction & only draws 7.0 amps @ 3/4 HP .

So it can run @ 2 GPM , 700 PSI with a 6.6" vac on a 20 amp circuit.

First portable that can do that using a 3/4 HP motor.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=5203
That's pretty good for a 3/4 hp motor. I have an older leeson 3/4 hp powering a small general pump. At 1200 psi, it takes aprox 11 amps. The motor gets pretty hot. I really should use a 1-1 1/2. A 6.6 may drop 1-1.5 amps with hoses and wand connected, down to maybe 12 amps. Do you running any cooling fans on that motor?

Jim M.

Name
Jim Morrow
I clicked on to one of your links which say 500psi but then shows the 1XP which goes 100-800 psi .. so would this be (2) 6.6 vac motors, the 1xp puimp auto pump out on 2 cords only? How many inches of lift are we talking?

I have a 1000DX200 .. would I be able to swap pump out for the 1xp?
Spend money on marketing or/and a TM .
Simply Upgrade your porty with new HP vacuum motors and a larger pump . Dimensions available for proper fit.

Kleenrite will beat all others for price. 6.6s $100 5.7s ditto

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I had one of thee airflex's, got rid of it.
It wouldnt suck the smoke off a fag.

Howd you get one .. they told me they wouldnt sell to the US unless a distributer took on a truckload and that none have been sold here to date.

Unless youre from another country?

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Spend money on marketing or/and a TM .
Simply Upgrade your porty with new HP vacuum motors and a larger pump . Dimensions available for proper fit.

Kleenrite will beat all others for price. 6.6s $100 5.7s ditto

I need a powerful porty with a longer hose run and capabilities to do tile in the future for this high security building Ive been cleaning that will not allow doors open for TM hoses

I have (2) Galaxy Pro 2700s and a Mytee 1000DX200 .. I wonder if I can fit the 6.6s and a 700psi pump with motor in one or the other .. doesnt look like enough room - although I havent looked in the Mytee

Id probably wanna do it to the Mytee ..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Airwatts say 100 still .. wouldnt it be 1250?

Mytee uses the hi-perf 3 stage vacs. They are 556 AirWatts each in parallel.

John has promised me a Breeze with Dual 6.6" vac motors in series . . .

so I can also test them on the carpet.

You can fit two 6.6" Ametek vacs,

and 700 PSI Cat pump system in the Breeze that John is building.

This was a Breeze with dual 8.4" larger vacs and 400 PSI pump system:
84breeze.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Spurlington

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Gees dual 8.4 vacs

Im looking to maximize power using 2 cords no heater. Capable of doing tile n grout and carpet with a long hose run (min 75 ft) and a pump out system. The longest hose run possible while keeping my combo.

Im guessing the dual 6.6 and Cat 1xp will be my combo?

Thanks !!

Ive considered the Goliath 4 vac system 2 in series and 2 parallel along with the 1200 psi Water Otter .. but Id either have 3 cords to monkey with or a super long pressure line running from the janitors closet (which is where Id plug the WO into) all over the areas to be cleaned which could require 150-200ft of line

Im trying to figure out a way to clean without pissing people off (while theyre on their phones) with the loud ass porties .. its a high turnover call center and its mostly the newbies that look at us like WTH .. were always getting the dirty looks .. etc ..

Sometimes I feel rushed cause Im sitting in one spot too long .. which can be stressful !!

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Series - higher lift
Parallel - higher cfms

Higher lift seems like it would draw more from the floor but flow slower back to the porty where parallel would draw less from the floor but carry it back faster to the porty ..?
Completely correct.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Agreed in principle Rick, but you have the description backwards. Centrifugal vacs run the lowest speed when moving the most air - the energy spent moving that air loads (and slows down) the motor. When you add resistance (drawing a vacuum and therefore moving less air) the vac speeds up because of the lower load. Put your hand over any porty or shop vac and you can hear the speed increase - and the amps go down.

But I definitely agree that starting the vac(s) only after you have attached the hose, wand, and glide will draw the lowest amps and give you the best shot at not tripping breakers.

If your statement had said "centrifugal vac motors pull more power the more air they move" then I would agree 100% with what you said.
I start my machine choked if i'm riding the limit in a home. Dead end the vac hose and start the motors.

Guys I like the greater lift of air series setups better.

Jim M.

Name
Jim Morrow
Gees dual 8.4 vacs

Im looking to maximize power using 2 cords no heater. Capable of doing tile n grout and carpet with a long hose run (min 75 ft) and a pump out system. The longest hose run possible while keeping my combo.

Im guessing the dual 6.6 and Cat 1xp will be my combo?

Thanks !!

Ive considered the Goliath 4 vac system 2 in series and 2 parallel along with the 1200 psi Water Otter .. but Id either have 3 cords to monkey with or a super long pressure line running from the janitors closet (which is where Id plug the WO into) all over the areas to be cleaned which could require 150-200ft of line

Im trying to figure out a way to clean without pissing people off (while theyre on their phones) with the loud ass porties .. its a high turnover call center and its mostly the newbies that look at us like WTH .. were always getting the dirty looks .. etc ..

Sometimes I feel rushed cause Im sitting in one spot too long .. which can be stressful !!
CIMEX

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom