More Heat

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting. The eBay listing says:

Made in Poland. Built to European road standards. No American certifications have been obtained.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking. Wanted to find final numbers on a DOT cylindrical tank.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I bought mine locally in January 2013 from LP Equipment in Butler, WI. 262-781-5777
Part #6814 10x32 vapor tank $310.28
#12653 dial $4.98 (gauge)
propane-belly-tank.jpg

Freight $25(to their location, I live nearby)
It came with mounting brackets to use for under floor mount, but I wanted mine mounted to the van frame so I had a local welder make me what I needed.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I bought mine locally in January 2013 from LP Equipment in Butler, WI. 262-781-5777
Part #6814 10x32 vapor tank $310.28
#12653 dial $4.98 (gauge)View attachment 547
Freight $25(to their location, I live nearby)
It came with mounting brackets to use for under floor mount, but I wanted mine mounted to the van frame so I had a local welder make me what I needed.
Thanks for the info. Whats that equate to in capacity? Where did you mount it? Im thinking along the back where the spare tire goes, That whole section the whole way across is empty.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Dan's right, it's a 10 gal tank with a propane capacity of 8. I mounted mine on the driver's side, between the frame and body.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
So I was thinking about placement today for a little giant, for those of you thst have them how hot do they get? How much room do they need around them or can I put it tight up against the wall of my van or my water tank. I was also thinking about putting it just rear of my seats in the center so that it would be partially between the driver and passenger seats.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
A couple inches is enough. Don't put it by the seats, you'll be sorry(to hot to sit next to). I like mine within arms length of a door so I don't have to climb in to light it. You can see mine to the left of the door.
IMG_0278_zps9aefab28.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I was also thinking about putting it just rear of my seats in the center so that it would be partially between the driver and passenger seats.

You know it's explosive, right?

Shane, that's a nice looking monster(tm)! How many hp? Did the gauges on top come w/it or did you add those?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You know it's explosive, right?

Shane, that's a nice looking monster(tm)! How many hp? Did the gauges on top come w/it or did you add those?
It's a 31 water-cooled Kholer with a Roots 47. I added the gauges on top. Oil pressure, coolant temp & volt meter. I don't like to wait for an idiot light to tell me something is wrong.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ok guys help me make a decision here. I found a brand new 4HT-HP for $1550 shipped that the guy bought for a project and never installed. This is new but I wouldn't have a warranty on it. Then I found a brand new factory direct 3HT-HP for 1299 plus shipping and a new 3HT -XP is $1475 plus shipping. Now here's where my decision lies. I'd like to install this in the back corner of my van. I only have 15 inches here. The 4Ht is 17.5 inches so it means I'll have to move my fresh water tank forward as well as relocate a small shelf that I have in front of my fresh tank. This means a lot more cutting and welding. I am also only planning on using the heater to boost the heat coming out of my truck mount not replace my exchanger. So I guess my question is for basically the same money knowing what I want it to do would you go with the 3 or the 4 and then also is the extreme pressure worth spending the money on over the high pressure model. I really don't ever go over 1000 psi anyway.
I keep second guessing myself. If I get the 3 will I wish I had the 4 or if I get the 4 will it take up to much room and I wish I had just got the 3. Thanks in advance for your input.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like the deal on the 4 HT but with no warranty I'm not sure its a great deal. You hook that sucker up day one and it leaks....then what?

I'd get the XP and have disconnects to put it inline when needed and quick disconnect when not needed. I'd get the Xp just as extended life insurance against failure from high pressure. Figuring it is built heavier.

I doubt you'd need the capability of the 4HT since you already have hot water going into the unit.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Get the 3HT, you won't need the 4HT with your heat exchanger. I use a standard 3HT along with heat exchangers on my unit and the longer I trigger a 10 flow the hotter it gets. Mine is plumbed with a valve so I can by-pass it during the summer or when I need to clean higher than 600psi. I do wish I had the HP or XP for tile & grout cleaning but this is what I had sitting in the shop.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'd check out how Shane did it. Its been working for him so it should work for you also.
Yeah that's what I figured I'd do. I won't need it when I do upholstery and even some residential cleaning but on those rat nastys and commercial I wanna be able to crank up the heat.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Marcus
30-40 hours is great
How much for the tank of propane and how much per hour$$$$
My kero tank goes about 1/3 gphour that's about 2$$ per hour

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I pay $2.75 per gallon, approx. 8 gallons to fill each time. At 30 hours per tank I think that adds up to about .75 per hour.

Name
Marcus
Yea your about 1/4 gallon per hour....
Propane is about half price of kerosene...that's the difference...
Either way it's not much to pay for consistenet heat.....I figure I make it up by finishing the job faster....
Maybe kerosene will drop with the price of gas.....should help everyone
We're paying 2.28$ for gas here in texas bet gas will drop below 2$ ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom