More Housecall geese...

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Been a Housecall Pro user since the beginning, so we are reluctant to switch out of our awesome plan rate. With that being said, who is using the online booking? How is it working for you? Worth it?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Been a Housecall Pro user since the beginning, so we are reluctant to switch out of our awesome plan rate.

I know what you mean. My lifetime rate was $13/month. Made it hard to leave.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Yeah. I thought the software was good and they were super responsive to requests.

I just wasn't totally comfortable with their business model. Not saying they ever pulled anything shady with me, it's just impossible to know what that company is going to look like down the road.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Sorry to hear that, it works great for us. Y'all should give it a go. Updates happen on a monthly basis, take peoples requests constantly. Good stuff so far!

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
Been a Housecall Pro user since the beginning, so we are reluctant to switch out of our awesome plan rate. With that being said, who is using the online booking? How is it working for you? Worth it?
we use housecall as well. I had the same issue as far as moving to the higher plan just for the online booking. We spoke with help and they gave me 90 days trial. might want to ask if they can do that for you. at first it was slow, had to make some adjustments. was coming down to the day we had to decide and got 3 bookings in 2 days. That made it worth the extra $100 a month so we upgraded. that was 3 weeks ago. I love housecall pro. and its cheaper. They listen to their clients for ideas. Overall no complaints!

Beeks

Name
J.R.
we use housecall as well. I had the same issue as far as moving to the higher plan just for the online booking. We spoke with help and they gave me 90 days trial. might want to ask if they can do that for you. at first it was slow, had to make some adjustments. was coming down to the day we had to decide and got 3 bookings in 2 days. That made it worth the extra $100 a month so we upgraded. that was 3 weeks ago. I love housecall pro. and its cheaper. They listen to their clients for ideas. Overall no complaints!
Thanks for the feedback. So over the last three weeks, would you say it has improved?

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
Thanks for the feedback. So over the last three weeks, would you say it has improved?
we have had a few. a had to adjust my advertised services. example, I had line item for commercial carpet clean for $.16 per sf, so I would have someone pick that line item to schedule. when I confirmed, I woul dhave to get the correct line item lined up. In other words, make sure you turn off the line items you DONT want your clients to see. its an alternative only, not my main way of booking, but some people don't ant to call so....

Reactions: Beeks

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Reactions: D Luke

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
too much money! I'm a small business cant afford that kind of money

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Have you seen ServiceMonster Mobile 3 recently? We did a new release a couple weeks ago and we're hearing really great things!

Also I would encourage you guys to take a look at servicemonster 6 at our grand unveiling webinar! We will be giving away two free ServiceMonster subscriptions for life!

13 years in the making, I'm so excited it's ridiculous! Nothing comes close. :-)

http://www.servicemonster.net/2017/01/12/servicemonster-6-grand-unveiling-webinar-sm6feb16/
What are you able to do for my company for the extra cost that Housecall Pro doesn't?

I absolutely plan on winning one of the lifetime subscriptions though.
Now that would make me switch quick, lol

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
HCP works great for me. I couldn't imagine life without it. Super great for an O/O...turnkey and paperless. SM has the numbers and reporting hands down. I think Joe is a smart guy but just like he says "it took 13 years" to get to SM6. That's the problem, takes for ever to fix or improve something. HCP is fast moving and is getting better by the day. Either this week or next, they are revealing a new feature that is unheard of in the industry. Unfortunately I've been sworn to secrecy after getting a glimpse of it. I wish there was hybrid of both...

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
No but no one is going to beat the .050 rate I pay through Nttional Bank Card
Less than 3% it says on their website. Included with all plans including free.
edit.
Accept credit card payments at the low rate of 2.69% + 30 cents for the Starter, Grow, and Manage plans and 2.99% + 30 cents for the Free plan. No need to hassle with a clunky phone dongle. Just scan or key in the card numbers to get paid. Accept cash and check for jobs, or send automated invoices all straight from your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer

When I was on HCP customers had to download the app in order to pay with a card, is that still the case? Old timers will have nothing to do with that.

Nope, just a link and they fill in their CC info

Name
Scott Turknett

When I was on HCP customers had to download the app in order to pay with a card, is that still the case? Old timers will have nothing to do with that.
When was that?! I've been with them for 20 months and haven't seen that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Scott this is what some customers told me, I never looked into it much. I already knew at that point HCP was not for me. Poor cell coverage not letting us know where the next job was killed it for me.

Name
Scott Turknett
Scott this is what some customers told me, I never looked into it much. I already knew at that point HCP was not for me. Poor cell coverage not letting us know where the next job was killed it for me.
I have no vested interest in defending HCP. I am moving to service monster next month because there are some options that Joe offers that HCP doesn't. That being said, I think it is unreasonable of you to talk shit about them without having bothered to get specifics on problems.

Reactions: Nomad74

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
HCP is a no brainer if you are a start up and have good cell coverage. Free is a good price.
The FB guru stuff, how to lose weight...tour of my empty new offices...seem weird to me. Not all attention is good attention.
Maybe at Mikeyfest I can talk to guys using SM and understand what I'm missing...which I'm sure is plenty.
Personally I like Joe but this is business...need more information and less hype.

Last edited:

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I have no vested interest in defending HCP. I am moving to service monster next month because there are some options that Joe offers that HCP doesn't. That being said, I think it is unreasonable of you to talk shit about them without having bothered to get specifics on problems.
Still interested in hearing the options, been hearing "very soon" every time I get on this forum...

I don't get payed by either company, just know what they both can do for the most part and what they both cost. Sure I was grandfathered in at an unbeatable price and credit card transaction rate, but there customer service is always on point and there is an update damn near every month.

Mikey P

Administrator
Joe

I asked them many times when they were going to fix my two big concerns.

I was told they were coming

This was early last year and as far as I know the issues are not fixed.

I talked about the issues here out in the open.

How am I being unreasonable?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom