More Housecall geese...

Mikey P

Administrator
Ask Joe servicemonster how many times I've bitched about faults about his product here online in front of everyone ..he called me a lot of names but never unreasonable I don't make this s*** up if there's something wrong with it I'm going to talk about it not hide it unlike our good buddy Rob who will just tell you it's the greatest damn thing in the world as he takes his spiff from all the people that are going to have to figure it out for themselves

Last edited:
Reactions: EDS and Stromboli

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
HCP is a no brainer if you are a start up and have good cell coverage. Free is a good price.
The FB guru stuff, how to lose weight...tour of my empty new offices...seem weird to me. Not all attention is good attention.
Maybe at Mikeyfest I can talk to guys using SM and understand what I'm missing...which I'm sure is plenty.
Personally I like Joe but this is business...need more information and less hype.

I only post that stuff on my personal wall. If my posts are not to your liking, then feel free to unfollow me, but you might want to checkout my ICE presentation on why I do it. I'll give you a hint, $$$$$$$$ :)

Only the new space is currently empty. We have 36 employees.

We don't do that content in SMUG, or ServiceMonster social media. It's all business on those channels.

Reactions: SamIam

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I only post that stuff on my personal wall. If my posts are not to your liking, then feel free to in follow me
You are wearing a cape and a pink mask...am I suppose to understand what that is about?
You are the CEO of a business and your response to my - More information less hype is "un-follow me if you don't like it?" OK. Done.
My other point was free is a good price when you are starting out and I can run a credit card day one for only 3%.
I'm not going to ICE, I'm going to Mikeyfest where I said I was going to talk to guys that are using SM to get more informed...something you didn't do/inform ...again.

Last edited:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
?? I wasn't try to be an ass Bob. Honestly! That is my personal page, plain and simple. If I offend you with my antics, then all I'm saying is that you can change the channel.

"You are wearing a cape and a pink mask am I suppose to understand what that is about?" No. Not really. It's my personal wall. I have 5 kids. I was playing with them when one of my boys snapped a picture of me wearing my daughters play mask, no cape btw. I'm not only the CEO and founder of one of the first SaaS products ever (with 36 employees and a profitable 2016 with $2.3 million in revenue), I'm also a person, a family man, and a homesteader. And since I've turned up my Personal FB profile to 11, the leads are pouring in because people get to know who I am. What my passions are. Like how I love helping small business grow and scale. ServiceMonsoter is a manifestation of that.

"free is a good price when you are starting out and I can run a credit card day one for only 3%." Fair enough. I totally get that. I'm always interested in what's best for your business.

"something you didn't do/inform". I'm confused. We inform on our site, in our newsletter, on the ServiceMonster social media (twitter, Facebook, ect.) and yes, mixed with all of my personal posts, I also inform those that are following me. What am I missing? Perhaps my personal profile is what caught your attention first? What information are you not getting?

Also, because you are not currently a user, you might not know about our private ServiceMonster user group on Facebook. Lots of information there for our clients, no tom-foolery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Here are some other MAJOR CEOs who are using social media effectively.

https://blog.hootsuite.com/top-100-ceos-social-media/

I especially like https://twitter.com/JohnLegere (CEO of T-Mobile) and Gary Vee https://twitter.com/garyvee who owns several companies including a $110 million advertising company.

John even has a live stream called Slow Cooker Sunday. 500,000 people tune in every Sunday to watch him cook in his house. By the end of the year it will be over 1 million viewers. More than M-TV, LifeTime, The Histry channel and many others.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Hope that help.
I know all this Joe. I know who Gary Vee is... took his Fathers business to the next level and has made lots of money...a book, podcasts and everywhere. I know about youtube channels and what I don't know...still - is how SM can help a start up service business be successful.
What are the features that will help me organize my company? That is what SM does...am I right? Why specifically should I choose SM over HCP? Just want to re-launch on the right foot and so thank you for taking the time here to help me understand the benefits of SM for a start up Carpet Cleaning business. I'm not trying to be an ass either.

Reactions: jkowalski

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
;)

Sweet! Let me focus on your question then; ServiceMonster has a ton of features as it's a very mature platform. I'll give you the bullet point list here, but I would encourage you to talk with one of my on-boarding people for details specific to your business (888-901-3300). Tell them I said to show you 6.

I would say the biggest benefit to a new and established businesses alike is this; it's built to build your repeat rate. I'm obsessed with repeat rate for service providers because it's the single biggest factor in GROWING your business (see the chart below). But that's long game thinking and hard for a new business to wrap their head around when they are focusing on getting NEW business. Something else ServiceMonster is good at helping you with. Here is the short list.

Marketing - Call campaigns, email campaigns, mail merge campaigns, automated drip campaigns, filters, lead source tracking on accounts, order, and
opportunities

Leads and Sales - Opportunity sales kanban for multi-touch sales, lead capture via API, web-forms, and third party vendors in the ServiceMonster Marketplace

Customer Management - CRM to the core! Multi-sites, customer profile fields, text, email, tagging, news-feeds, address vitrifaction and lat/long to the rooftop.

Order Management - Estimates, Work Orders and Invoices. Payments (yes credit cards), service items, proper tax handling, discounts at the order and line item level, promotions, commissions

Scheduling - Live routing, mapping, proximity colors (makes staying the the same area super easy), wait lists, multiple schedule views, job notifications

Marketplace - third part vendors can use the ServiceMonster API to talk with your data directly. Handful of options and growing all the time. we are adding Zapier soon.

Technicians - Tech tracking, auto check-in/check-out with geo-fencing, tech roles for security

Reporting and Dashboards - AMAZING! reporting and dashboards including a full screen auto rotate for key performance indicator (KIP) display
ServiceMonster API - ServiceMonster 6 is API first which means you could literally create a replica using our platform.

ServiceMonster APP - Mobile3 (while it took longer that I want too) is finally at a place where the feedback is what I was looking for.

15032910_1207048566000492_345483049692358775_n (1).jpg

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Glad it took all the bickering to finally get that outa ya, lol. Thanks for the insight!

Is that an excel spread sheet there with Pivot Tables?.... I should sell my creation!

Just a little taste..

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 8.18.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jkowalski

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Dang Bob, a little harsh there.

SM is OBJECTIVELY the best software in our industry. Yes, they deserve criticism, but only for their continued tardiness and delay in releasing products and features.

Let Joe do what he wants on his personal page. Though it turned you (one person) off, I'm guessing it provides ten leads for SM for every one person it doesn't resonate with.

And Joe, how do you have 36 employees at 2.3 million? Sounds like either payroll and benefits hover around 80% or you pay close to minimum wage? No other way I can get the math to work.

Last edited:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Our payroll is a big % yes. And we are very good about nurturing young talent and leveraging their passions. I've always been a strong leader that way. Taking a team and making them better than the sum if their parts.

7 support agents
4 Sales and onboarding
3 product management/QA
6 engineers
6 call center agents
2 marketing pros
4 FillMySchedule
2 hr/accounting
2 Executives

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Yes. We will continue to offer our fill my schedule tent fold cards for client retention because they work great. But we will also be integrating with third-party vendors like SendJim. We won't do anything automatic though. You will have to go to the marketplace and establish a relationship directly with the vendor as we do not get in the middle of your relationship. Meaning we do not skim any fees between Marketplace vendors and your business.

Reactions: Mikey P

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
too much money! I'm a small business cant afford that kind of money
Seriously. Its like $80 for 1-3 trucks and $125 per month for as many as you like.

What do you charge $10 per room? Service Monster has its problems but cost is not one of them.

You do realize real CRM systems like Sales Force charge $500 to $1000 per seat.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
HCP works great for me. I couldn't imagine life without it. Super great for an O/O...turnkey and paperless. SM has the numbers and reporting hands down. I think Joe is a smart guy but just like he says "it took 13 years" to get to SM6. That's the problem, takes for ever to fix or improve something. HCP is fast moving and is getting better by the day. Either this week or next, they are revealing a new feature that is unheard of in the industry. Unfortunately I've been sworn to secrecy after getting a glimpse of it. I wish there was hybrid of both...

It is an awesome feature. (There a few things happening but one is HUGE). I can't wait till they finally spill it. It's been hard to keep quiet!. I actually first got wind of someting in October when I was out at Jon Don. They (JD) wouldn't say but I kept pestering Roland and for some intel.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@Bob Pruitt We use SM and love it. I'll be at MF and would be happy to go through it with you and share our experience. It has been a great tool and saves us lots of time and money......and helps us make money.

I am equally frustrated as others with the release (lack of) for SM6. And after interaction with Joe on this topic in a different group, I'm not really sure what will actuallly change and be available as a functioning version during this big announcement. The webinar will be interesting, but I don't believe much will be changing from how things are currently. I've ask the call center people when I call how it's going with 6 And what they think of it. Ive talked to more than one that haven't even started using it. Still a lot of beta testing going (b info done by current subscribers) on and issues popping up in the beta group too. I refuse to work in 6 and 5 at the same time while everything is getting worked out. I know people who are. It I just can't be going back and forth of something isn't working in 6 to 5 to get what I need. To me this is not a product that is ready for market.

When asked....No real firm date for transition....only that can start using it now if they want (if they even know about it. He's said that many users don't know about SM6). But no on hoarding plan/schedule or trainings other than if you want that call and schedule it. And the mobile app is useless to me. I can't access stuff I need to when I'm not In he office. I have to log on to the full version on my phone. High PIA to navigate that on a iPhone screen.

It is crazy to hear all the "reasons" things can't be done when I see other tech/software companies that have no issues getting things to market, setting dates and sticking to them. (And I don't just mean HCP).

But, there are so many good things about SM for us that I stick with them.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom