more vortex noise complaints than walk ups!!!!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I'm not complaining i knew what i was getting call it constructive criticism if you like i do believe more could be done to make V quieter

as far as the truck itself I have zero complaints so far

Name
Lee Stockwell
I think most of us would love to have one, because as a marketing and production tool not much comes close.

However in the spirit of "calling a spade a spade" let's not call a spade a rototiller...it's just a spade.

Either call a basic component what it is, or say it's proprietary and keep mum, but don't call it something that it is not.

The picture earlier obviously depicted a Tuthill TI850, with a oversized flange attached, and painted YELLOW. Bane knew to remove the factory tags and say "sorry it's a secret" when I first asked in 1983. I was polite but not naive...so I kept my mouth shut then.

I still have to work on the polite part.

Thanks,
Lee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"Or maybe closing the doors of the box to contain the noise? I don't know just asking."

Vin, the lion's share of the noise comes from the blower.
(same with most TMs)
Even if you close up the truck, that big blower silencer hung outside the box will still roar.

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
OK, it's been a few days now. Anybody "in the know" want to either confirm or dispel the questions about this yellow mystery blower?

Thanks,
Lee

Mikey P

Administrator
Lee

I know Shawn sent you some facts.

If you would like to post the facts alone, go for it.

It's BL's policy to not get involved in the everyday threads here, so dont expect an answer from them in a "Average Joe" thread.

I'm not sure what you're so hung up on. From what I can see and hear it's a bigger blower that works less, is some what quieter, doesn't need greasing and has more lift then the 6008.

Why all the drama Lee?

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Drama" is in the eye of the beholder I'd guess. I'm asking for a few facts about this widely ADVERTISED new development in big truckmount design.

I realize this is a sacred cow here, so I'll politely step around what I really think.

Thanks,
Lee

Mikey P

Administrator
You dont need to strep around any cow pattys here.

I just wonder why you're so obsessed with this damn Blower.

It does have benefits over the 6008.

Name
Lee Stockwell
What blower Mike? I think you have a 6008 right? Wouldn't you be a wee bit curious as to what benefits you would get by using a blower that has much smaller blower outlets, and actually moves less air per revolution than the 6008?

Still smiling,
Lee

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Lee Stockwell said:
OK, it's been a few days now. Anybody "in the know" want to either confirm or dispel the questions about this yellow mystery blower?

Thanks,
Lee

Oh Mr stockwell I've got something for you.....

the shaft is 1- 7/8" and 4 inches long i didn't bother measuring the key the pic suck i had to hold the camera and the tape measure ...guess I'm not that coordinated...anyway larger than The TI850 shaft @ 1-3/4" dia x 3.78" long

so how do you like your crow... i prefer mine with a little salt, pepper, garlic and a dash of Tabasco

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

:) :)

Attachments

• DSCN0544.jpg
    DSCN0544.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0542.jpg
    DSCN0542.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN0544.jpg
    DSCN0544.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0542.jpg
    DSCN0542.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 105
Name
Lee Stockwell
Thanks!!

The shaft doesn't look to come to the end of the pulley, but that's often the case. Would be interested in a caliper measurement over the shaft if anyone could do that.

Thanks again,
Lee

rhyde

Name
rhyde
no the shaft doesn't come to the end of the pulley but the 4" is my guestimate of the offset

so...this blower isn't the same as the tl850

Name
Lee Stockwell
The nameplate says it is. If the shaft is slightly bigger it would be a run with the shaft not milled down as much, if the calipers verify that. However the internals can't be bigger than the case...simple physics.

The port size is a more important issue.

mrpeabody

This thread seems to have run its course, but the original discussion was noise. I have a 6008 and a 7000. We all seem to think that they are the same with the 7000 just has a lower and less irritating tone. We estimate the suction as "noticeably" better on the 7000 but not sure if it is due to the bigger "mystery" Blower or just the more efficient way the vacuum moves from the ports to the waste tank. I am considering upgrading the 6008 vacuum system.

HomeSmart

Just picked up my hat 7000 on monday and it was considerably quieter then the one I saw at a C.A.P. day last month....don,t know why but Spotless aka Deimien confirmed that he thought it was much quieter today...well get more opinions at Mike Fest.

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
And sometimes, just because it has a 427 sticker on the fender doesn't mean its a bad ass

But when it has a 427 under the hood it means its a bad ass :!:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Which blower does the new Vortex 8000 use?

UPDATE: The blower is not "owned by Vortex" nor is it several of the things advertised. Mr Hyde juggled a camera and tape measure to guestimate the shaft dimension info. I now have confirmed caliper measurement of 1.75" shaft. It's a STOCK Tuthill TI850. Period.

Just like I said three years ago.

Thanks,
Lee

rick imby

Name
Rick
Re:

Al said:
I have had 2 complaint's in thirteen years 1 from my Butler and 1 from my PM, if i got a complaint per day I'd freak.

For some reason the PM seems quieter now in the big box truck, maybe its all the carpeting on the walls and ceiling?

The Shaggin Van.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Werner said:
My 4cyl diesel BIg Red never got any complaints
Nor is the CanAm, even when I leave the back door open.

When you start up your TM they are just happy because after you have been there for two days vacuuming they know when you finally start up your TM you will be out of the way soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom