Movie Theaters....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
customer of my does HVAC maintenance for huge amount of theaters, wants to refer me for the carpet. Yikes, I smell Net 30-120 days. Is COD a pipe dream?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just paid a visi to my local theatre offering a demo to them. He said they're already happy with the guy that cleans their carpet. But like all big businesses, things change. They're currently replacing/upgrading all the movie seats in there, so after the big change, I'm sure they might be looking a little closer at the carpet.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Justin does one that I did before he was born in 81. Almost the same price per sq ft. It was wool back then, so I charged a bit high for the time.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Did they give you the impression (or do you know) that they make the decision for actual hiring of the cleaner on the local level? v.s. a corporate central/regional office that decides to hire.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I dealt directly with the (rather wealthy) owner of several of them. Did a test cleaning, was competing with the shampoo/encap of the era. He'd had poor results before so I was kind of scared.

Paid the day I finished. Those days died with his generation.

Reactions: EDS and Cleanworks

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Did Movie Theatre chain in Ventura Ca. Would have to start pretty late and bring lots of drying equipment...long hose runs. We did the tile too so around the concession stands. Loaded with the fake butter for the popcorn. We usually finished about the time the sun came up. Makes the next work day a tough one. We were paid within 30 days and maybe it was only a couple weeks.
If I was Saiger and my whole family was showing up with multiple truck mounts and Zippers maybe I would have liked that work more. But work is work.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
wow Lee, that's insightful and I know that numbers $$ here are not often tossed around but I'm guessing .12-.18/sq today for HWE would be something most cleaners would be "happy" to get. I thought about this since my customer mentioned the referral and I'm not exactly motivated if competition is charging in this range. If .20+ was achievable (extraction) I would be optimistic. $200 on a 1000 sq/ft with set up and hoses and late night, still tough in my mind. Chewing gum, I just thought of that. Time consuming. The Mex restaurants I did for several years gave me some real curve balls least of which was chewing gum. Tackling more then one theater I would certainly have to spring for a helper. Unlike a national service provider who I know for fact pay agricultural wages I would have to pay a decent wage to attract and keep a quality tech that lived local to me.

My customer is crafty and he might be able to do some recon for me on what has been charged recently.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If I was Saiger and my whole family was showing up with multiple truck mounts and Zippers maybe I would have liked that work more. But work is work.
The Heavy Metal Crew :rockon:

2016-10-03 21.38.21.jpg
2016-10-03 21.39.35.jpg
2016-10-03 21.42.48.jpg
2016-10-03 22.04.39.jpg
2016-10-03 22.08.33.jpg
2016-10-03 22.23.36.jpg
2016-10-03 23.28.53.jpg
2016-10-03 21.50.08.jpg
2016-10-03 23.29.24.jpg
2016-10-03 23.31.41.jpg

Name
Nate W.
My cousin was an assistant manager for our biggest theater's here.. They paid $5k a month for all the carpets cleaned.. Cleaned twice a month.. I know they do it with portables..

A TM would be a nightmare with the hose runs.. You'd need 300' just to get to the front door, then another 400' to reach to the furthest point..

Encap would be no problem, but they dictated HWE.. I grew up on portables, but I wouldn't want that task.. Yes you can make money doing it, but I'd rather clean less SF and make more... Even a DwellPro2 with a Little Giant Heater hooked up and a Zipper would still take a while to do the sf..

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I've cleaned over 50 different theaters for Regal, Carmike, Malco, NCG and UEC. The big companies have gone with nationwide services like cleanway systems/cintas. I love them if done on a schedule. If not, gum can be an issue. Otherwise, there is nothing to move and you can fly. I only clean one independent theater now. Through most of the year their last show is 7 so we can start by 9 which is huge.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom