Mud Flood

Buck1955

Name
John
We got 4" of rain last weekend. I have never seen this one before but I had a new construction home with a finished basement that the sump didn't work and it flooded with 10" of muddy water. I've never seen muddy water from a sump pit.

Have to go back tomorrow and start the process, I'm concerned about extracting mud in my new truckmount, and where to dump the tank, it's the most expensive part of town with no car washes within miles.

My thought is to put in drying equipment to remove the water and leave the dry dirt behind to make tear out easier.

Anyone dealt with this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shovel and bag/ bucket up the deep stuff. Cut up the carpet and bag and haul out. The lower drywall needs to come out too and the gully pressure washed .I'd call the temp agency and get a 3-4 temps to bag and haul all that crap out for you. You direct traffic.

Pressure wash with high pressure washer and high flow (rent one). I wouldn't bring in any drying equipment in until you get her all cleaned up from the mud and washed down.

Is the sump pump working again? If so you can wash the diluted soil back into the pit.

Sounds like a great (messy) job. 5-10K depending on size and time. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tmdry

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Make a few mud pies for us : )

You can do it! Good luck

Chris

Buck1955

Name
John
The builder got all the carpet, pad and drywall out for me. Dried it out and cleaned everything today with the 360i and tile brush. Worked very well.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom