My 15 inch Zipper works just Fine..

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My zipper with total 30 inch vac slot works just fine with my Mytee- M5 portable and even better with my Mytee ETM.

The reason may be is that the Mytee M5 vacs are plumbed in parallel.
The ETM's 4 vac looks like its plumbed in both parallel and series.
They are also set up with 2 or 2.5 inch vac hose...

I've had portables with Vacs plumbed in series and with 1.5 inch hoses and they were a disappointment. These types of portable should only be used with maximum of 25 ft of vac hose and 12 inch wands and only 1.5 inch hose and tools.

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Hard to believe

What flow, pressure and how much vac hose?

9 flow. 400 psi on M5. 600 psi on ETM---
I'm sure there is a drop in these figures at the jets if on the trigger too long-- Yes it will drain the water tanks fast.-- Love auto dump and auto fill.

I primary use the set up for in plant rug cleaning and only use about 35 ft of vac hose--- I don't think it would work well at over 50ft with the M5. or 100 ft with ETM.
We also follow up with the Rover, which has 24 inch wide vac slot to remove even more water.- think the compression helps squeeze out more water.

The 2nd reason for my post was to demonstrate that Portables with Vacs in parallel and plumbed with 2 inch vac hose are better and should be the preferred choice.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
oh

35 feet.

try 150' and get back to me.

we rarely go 150ft-- even with TMs

and I think your SS370 would have a problem at 150 ft with the zipper.-- our #4 blower would be 200ft max and defiantly not with the zipper.

Portable guys are so clueless.

I have A Vortex and 2 Tms with 5.9 blowers...
It about matching the tools to the job or jobsite..
I don't think my neighbors would enjoy hearing my TMs at 5am or after 8pm.

My ETM/zipper/rover setup will dry a 2inch thick wool shag rug that has been fully submerged over night.
IMO the Zipper extracted more water then my EVO or Ti wands at the 50ft and under mark.--- keep in mind a 50ft hose runs gives a cleaning diameter of 100 ft.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom