My 2002 white magic

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by steve_64, May 22, 2016.

1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Should have just lit a match. Burn it all off and maybe the fire department comes and washes the rest away. Cleanup done. Might not have any eyebrows left but no bill.
  2. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    It's not like diesel. Unleaded is very explosive
  3. steve_64
    steve_64

Looking at two grand for cleanup. Vans not fixed yet but sounds like they are already denying responsibility. Says a sensor went out. This might get interesting.
  4. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I don't understand how it can spew out that much gas. Was it coming out of fuel lines or directly out of the tank?
  5. steve_64
    steve_64

I don't know. It looked like a shower. Must've leaked for 20 minutes maybe.

Two parking spaces roughly.
  6. steve_64
    steve_64

Yep something is fishy. Now it's the line to the fuel filter. I think it wasn't put on correctly.
  7. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Last guy who worked on it should pay the bill.
  8. steve_64
    steve_64

After I talked with the shop owner he wrote the bill off.

I get the sense he knows they messed up and only after I mentioned the clean up cost did he offer to write it off.

Not sure I'll get anywhere but I'm going back in a couple days with more info
  9. steve_64
    steve_64

Funny, he took responsibility for the leak but then said the problem wasn't something they worked on.

I'd probably win in court but I'm eating this one. First one in my ten years, I guess I can't complain much.

I tweaked some settings the other day (rpm and vac) not much but what a difference. Every repair changes the way it runs. There have been a lot of repairs lol
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  10. steve_64
    steve_64

Did some cleaning yesterday and reorganizing. I've got a long way to go lol.
    KIMG0314.jpg
    Cleanworks and Matt Wood like this.
  11. steve_64
    steve_64

Hey Lee Stockwell I'm thinking about removing the manual vac real and just roll and stack my hoses. But I'm also thinking about moving the lint trap from the back of the van to the side door next to the solution reel.

That would open the back up some more. I'm thinking of building wood drawers or shelves on the driver's wall for all the tools and wands. It would Nestle in beside the waste tank.

Any thoughts?
  12. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Steve, I hang my hoses on bungee cords from the side of the van. It allows me more room for my portable and misc stuff. Also I can take them out if I need to. Once you bolt a hose reel down, it's never coming out. I usually run with 200 ft in the van and add more when I know I need it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  13. Jack Zipper Zerkie
    Jack Zipper Zerkie

Name:
    jack zerkie
    Has anyone owned the pro 1700 that had a Kaw 27 water cooled engine was a MAJOR junk just wondered if anyone else had the plague ? jz.
  14. steve_64
    steve_64

I can only carry 200 ft on the reel and I'd like to carry more. Stacking them on the floor where reel is would accomplish that and allow me to move the lint trap.
  15. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    You could remove that filter box and go with a devastor filter. That would give you some room for shelving. Looking at your van layout, I would keep the hose reel and just add extra hose when you need it. 200 ft is good for residential and most commercial. Just throw another 100 ft in the back for those bigger jobs. Biggest job I have is just over 350 ft.
  16. steve_64
    steve_64

I want to dual wand and throwing extra hose in the back takes up to much space. And my reel is manual so it sucks imo. I took mine out of my bane too. Found it easier to just roll them up. Now when I get an electric reel I'm sure I will love that.

I have a devastor filter I use now as a prefilter. A lot still gets by. I should get some paint filters.
  17. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Do you have enough hands to get the most efficient dual wand process. I feel a 2-3man crew on one wand is pretty fast. I feel you'd need a minimum of 2guys per wand when go over one wand to get the best speed
  18. steve_64
    steve_64

I'm a wanding fool by myself. But on one my jobs last night I could've used another. I would prefer two people per wand.

I'm getting bigger and bigger jobs and it would be nice to have the option.
    Matt Wood likes this.
  19. steve_64
    steve_64

Anybody know what it would take to swap a 56 for a 59 blower ?
  20. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    Pulley side of blower is the same. All plumbing will be larger, and the blower is 3 inches wider.

I think it would be too much for the clutch and drive belt. Mine has 2x 45 blowers that work great.

I'd love to mess it up by changing to 2x 47s. Likewise probably a bad idea.
    Jimmy L and steve_64 like this.