My 2002 white magic

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by steve_64, May 22, 2016.

1. steve_64
    steve_64

Thanks Lee.
  2. steve_64
    steve_64

I'm not liking the way the machines been sounding lately. Sounds loud and really vibrating a lot.

Looks I'll be heading to Modernistic in the fairly near future.
  3. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    Grease and check oil please.
    steve_64 likes this.
  4. Justin Stockwell
    Justin Stockwell

It's not to hard to convert your reel to electric.
    You use 2 prefilters? Just go to the paint bags and you should be good with the white magic filter box. Dual wanding is the pot at the end of the rainbow. Most of the time it doesn't equal the productivity increase you wanted. I know some people dual every day with just 2 people. I personally have found that one guy and a rockin helper that can keep the wand moving, will get more done than 2 people wanding separately. Just leave your truck set up for what you do 90% of the time.
    Jimmy L, Russ T., Matt Wood and 2 others like this.
  5. steve_64
    steve_64

I saw the conversation about making the reel electric. I can only get 200 ft on this reel which works but I'd like to carry more.

I've been greasing it but need to check the oil. Thanks Lee and Justin.
  6. steve_64
    steve_64

Oil level is about half an inch below the halfway mark.

Is there a special grease? I'm not even sure what's in my grease gun right now.
  7. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    Any is better than none.
    steve_64 likes this.
  8. steve_64
    steve_64

I remember reading somewhere that lithium wasn't good for blowers. I got the cheap petroleum stuff.
  9. steve_64
    steve_64

Spent $1200 on the front end this week. The lower ball joints we're so wore it had worked into the frame about half an inch. I should've taken pics of it. New sway bar and shocks too. They also worked on that chirp from the belts. I told him to put a gates green belt on it but they aligned everything and cleaned all the pulley's. Next day it chirped again lol.

The brakes feel better now and it rides nice and quiet again. It was really squeeky. readjusted the rpms and lift and got it running pretty smooth again.

May try and put a new silencer or muffler on the blower to quiet things down some more. The heat exchanger that leaked is causing a lot of noise I think. I need to remove it from the system.

I tried removing the hose reel and coiling hoses but put it back in. It just didn't work like I thought it might. The reel needs some repair too.
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  10. Jim Williams
    Jim Williams

Name:
    Jim Williams
    It's a shame White Magic went out of business. I have a 2004 commander that I've been running every day for 13 years. They built some heavy duty machines. I stripped mine down to just the motor, blower, pump and heat exchangers. This thing will probably last me another 15 years. The frame and water tanks are well built like a tank and their heat exchangers were some of the best in the industry.
    Lee Stockwell and steve_64 like this.
  11. steve_64
    steve_64

I pulled the heat exchanger from the system today. Had a shop run a pipe from the blower to the silencer.its quieter inside the van now but seams louder outside.
  12. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
  13. steve_64
    steve_64

KIMG0431.jpg much quiter now.
  14. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    Didn't sapphire have a problem with their wm pto with belts and clutch.
    Heard it was a hush hush thing for those that complained. Fix was a larger clutch that turned more slowly and special made belt.
  15. steve_64
    steve_64

This had a 7 in clutch but I swapped it back to a 6. Replaced all the belts and it was good till my new mechanic changed the belts and didn't use gates. Now I got a chirp again.

Haven't been told about any conspiracy.
  16. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    Watch your belt tensioner for belt stretch. My cleanco will stretch a inch and then time to replace. And at first sign of a chirp I replace it. Let it go for a short time and it took out the water pump.
    steve_64 likes this.
  17. steve_64
    steve_64

Thanks Jimmy.
  18. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    Detroit Air Compressor........i get 'em cheaper than Modernistic for some reason......
    i order...you pay and pick it up!
  19. Doug Rice
    Doug Rice

Supportive Member

He's a mechanic for a reason, and they know it all except TM's. VERIFY>>VERIFY that they used the correct length belt. Look at the numbers printed on the belt and cross reference. I went through all kind s of trouble with my solution heat, truck overheating, belt squealing for months. I called HM and got the correct belt length and my mechanic had put a belt on that was 8" too long. My blower, water pump, TM clutch, air compressor and assorted other things were not spinning as they should. All my problems were fixed with the correct belt. And the mechanic will say " That's the same size belt that came off of it."
    steve_64 likes this.
  20. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    My green line belt is 1 /2 inch shorter than the original. Can't get it in 120 inch lengths