My 2002 white magic

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by steve_64, May 22, 2016.

1. Rob Grady
    Rob Grady

Name:
    Rob Grady
    Nice Steve. I recently purchased two Butler units a 2007 & 08. Presently in maintenance discovery process on the 2008. All the pieces are there, 230kms and 4600 hrs.
    steve_64 likes this.
  2. steve_64
    steve_64

So far mines just been learning a new machine and set up. I'm still going back and forth on if I change the hose set up from 2 in to a 50 ft inch and a half whip with the single jet 1.5 in wand or go 2 inch all the way like I do now with the WM.

Running g the whip and smaller wand sure is a lot easier on the body.
  3. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    Definitely not 50 ft of whip, maybe 8?
    Bob Pruitt likes this.
  4. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I use 15 feet of 1.5 inch hose. Makes stair cleaning a breeze. I go back and forth from my 2 inch westpak to my 1.5 inch mach 12 depending on the situation. I used my mach 12 today as I was switching to edging and stair tools frequently.
    Bruce Humphrey likes this.
  5. shadygrady
    shadygrady

Name:
    Rob Grady
    I usually get 'buyer's remorse' when i get into the used/abused TMs that i buy. I can't say that about these two vans though, as they are complete but in need of a thorough going through. The pair of them, i picked up for $9cdn and i expect to spend $$ to bring them up to snuff.
    From what i have determined so far, the 2008 will need front end & blower/pump belts, both speed actuators and probably the cable assembly for RPM control. The unit ran marginally when i first looked at it, so i know at least the drive shaft turns smoothly. These vans have the same speed control as my UncaErnie SteamGenie what with the stick included to bring er up to high speed.
    It is a crime to see how some businesses treat their equipment.
    Matt Wood likes this.
  6. steve_64
    steve_64

I wanted something I didn't have to work on so much lol. The WM kept me turning wrenches. I know it pretty well now though and the butler will be an easy transition.