"My allergist said..."

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't stand the smell of most presprays. When I was young, I would have thought a guy like me was a tad bit off. (Shut up Taco)

Years of exposure has heightened my sensitivity. Even my wifes hair spray make me have breathing difficulties these days. Hand soaps and deodorants, after-shave ... most tihngs you guys breathe every day with no problem can send me into an asthma attack.

I just got back from a really nasty job that we couldn't use Procyon on. We had to use Power Max at 4 oz's per gallon. As I sit here typing this, I am having breathing problems and heart palpitations.

Soon, I will either have to space suit up if I stay on the van, or get the hell off it to live.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I can't stand the smell of most presprays. When I was young, I would have thought a guy like me was a tad bit off. (Shut up Taco)

Years of exposure has heightened my sensitivity. Even my wifes hair spray make me have breathing difficulties these days. Hand soaps and deodorants, after-shave ... most tihngs you guys breathe every day with no problem can send me into an asthma attack.

I just got back from a really nasty job that we couldn't use Procyon on. We had to use Power Max at 4 oz's per gallon. As I sit here typing this, I am having breathing problems and heart palpitations.

Soon, I will either have to space suit up if I stay on the van, or get the hell off it to live.
Here's a product that I add to my procyon extreme for those "rat nasty" jobs. Company name is , the product is unikleen all purpose cleaner/degreaser. Neutral Ph and little to no odor. They also have one called renaissance that works very well but smells like pine.

Attachments

• IMG_20160316_164317.jpg
    IMG_20160316_164317.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 121

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here's a product that I add to my procyon extreme for those "rat nasty" jobs. Company name is , the product is unikleen all purpose cleaner/degreaser. Neutral Ph and little to no odor. They also have one called renaissance that works very well but smells like pine.
Thanks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The reason for the hot steaming, is what they used to call "hot bake'. In other words if you did many as hot as possible passes, it will raise the carpet and pad temperature and it will off gas much faster.
The house can also be closed (people out) and the heat raised as high as is safe (same reason, off gas will go faster). Later opened and aired with fans for a while. Will still off gas, but may reduce quantity and exposure of client.

Regardless if formaldehyde or glue, it is still off gassing and some people are much more sensitive. No need to poo poo it, it's a real problem to them.
I've had people complain, I explained the issues and possible results and did the multiple very hot water passes and non scented detergent. Charged a little more than usual & signed them on a release of liability. They were very happy with the end results and very appreciative.

What Richard is suggesting in addition to the hot cleaning will be even better.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Whatever is causing the odor is very likely real to her. The issue is that we all have different sensitivities, simply because an irritant doesn't bother you or I doesn't mean that it won't affect someone more sensitive.

Example: I can go out and spend a day in the sun and tan a golden brown, while another person can be working side by side with me but burn to a crisp.

We are all different (thank gawwd I'm glad to be different than bawb vawter :winky:) ans we have to take people for their word if they say something bothers them. :biggrin:

two homes I walked into I reacted within minutes. Both times my nose started running like a facet dripping. I can't imagine having to live like that. I would of spent anything to solve the problem. It took hours after leaving to finally stop. I'm glad its only been twice.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
From your symptoms it could have been something as simple as too many indoor plants which elevated spores of cladosporium to the point it affected you. ????

Able 1

Name
Keith
I take it you will have to be tested in order to get your license back?
Please reassure me that you don't drive stoned?! Ever since it became legal here the drivers have gotten even worse than they were before.
It's bad enough we have to deal with drunk drivers, stoners are horrible drivers.

Stoned is bad, but can you imagine stoned, and texting(people on their phone causes most accidents)? Getting scary out there, today I sat 5 cars back on a green light, no one moved till orange then 5 (2 lanes was the bad part)cars ran the light.. I would, JUST A GAMBLE TO SAY THEY MUST HAVE BEEN ON THEIR PHONE.. Put down the phone, and pay attention to the road!!

Stoned people drive slow, and drunk drive fast or aggressive .. I would say stoned people, are safer on the road then the drunks..

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Not really...here you have speed limit of 65 on the highways, and I can't tell you how often I see stoners doing 40 and without even looking just cut you off as you're trying to pass them and you have to slam on your brakes. They really don't pay attention and driving too slow where you shouldn't be can be dangerous. Pisses met off!

steve_64

Not really...here you have speed limit of 65 on the highways, and I can't tell you how often I see stoners doing 40 and without even looking just cut you off as you're trying to pass them and you have to slam on your brakes. They really don't pay attention and driving too slow where you shouldn't be can be dangerous. Pisses met off!
I really dont get stoned much. One or two hits two or three times a day. I really dont like being high neither but It really does help and with little long term side effects.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I agree Steve and you should be doing it by the sounds of it. Why suffer when there is something you can do safely and not be addicted to?
I have to take pain pills and I hate it.

Reactions: steve_64

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
If their furnace is in a closet-- make sure No chemicals or Rat poisons are stored in that closet or near the furnace also.. Or a dead rat could be decomposing in/near vent in bedroom or sofa.
I cured two people/familes with this discovery.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
From your symptoms it could have been something as simple as too many indoor plants which elevated spores of cladosporium to the point it affected you. ????

One house was new , all new stuff, the other old, all old stuff. I did look around for something that looked off or odd. I don't remember if they had plants. If it ever happens again I will now. It certainly gives you an inside on what people could be going through.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom