My day of black death and a failed hose crimp

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yup, it happened to me today. My solution line started spraying me with 200 degree water and got hot blackness all over my face , shorts, and carpet. I quickly disconnected my 150’ lead line and went to my remaining 100’. Finished the job and went to the hydrologic shop to get my line repaired. I’ll be ordering new line tonight, but I need this line to keep working until the new stuff comes in.

I don’t think I’ll be ordering the Cobb/Bristor Bubble-Yum line.

8EAD2BE4-A636-456E-8ADA-52CB33539CF2.jpeg
C43392F9-625C-4317-8207-EE54127A68EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Get all plastic hose like Parflex or Cobb's new stuff. No Black Death and no crimp failures yet. I'm confident this type of hose will never Black Death you.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Get all plastic hose like Parflex or Cobb's new stuff. No Black Death and no crimp failures yet. I'm confident this type of hose will never Black Death you.
The cobb stuff is the bubble yum line I was talking about. That stuff is garbage. No way. I know three people that have had issues with that stuff.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yup, it happened to me today. My solution line started spraying me with 200 degree water and got hot blackness all over my face , shorts, and carpet. I quickly disconnected my 150’ lead line and went to my remaining 100’. Finished the job and went to the hydrologic shop to get my line repaired. I’ll be ordering new line tonight, but I need this line to keep working until the new stuff comes in.

I don’t think I’ll be ordering the Cobb/Bristor Bubble-Yum line.

View attachment 82113 View attachment 82114

shitty kind of crimp too.............

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you buy another SS braided hose, get hydroforce's hose.

But for the nylon, I'm on round two of Cobbs. They sent me another one because the first one was a defect. I'm glad that they supported their product and didn't leave me high and dry. That meant a lot to me. I'm just glad I'm not gonna have any more black water, or burn lines in carpet or grass

steve_64

I had a leak a few months ago on my steel braided not sure it was hydroforce or good year but I need to replace all of it. Fortunately no black death for me.

I need all new trigger valves too. Been waiting for the account to get back up there, it's time.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I hated Parflex, or whatever it was, 8 to 10 years ago. It was coil and loop city!

But I think I might try some of this newer stuff when my new 1.5 Dev wand comes in.

I’m trying to lighten my load in my old age.

F

FB7777

Count me as an idiot as well then Matt

Goodyear/continental hose has never let me down

It's idiots that keep it longer than 18 months to 2 years that are asking for trouble

I am gonna try Bristors high heat steel braid line as my live solution line, the 50 foot section I have is great

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

It's idiots that keep it longer than 18 months to 2 years that are asking for trouble

I am gonna try Bristors high heat steel braid line as my live solution line, the 50 foot section I have is great
Us idiots need to stick together.

Reactions: steve_64

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Maybe you got the Wednesday hose. My continentals were a Monday or Friday hose

Have your hoses ever bled that pretty blue line on the wet sprayed carpet?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom