My Door Hanger Design - Advice Please

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
You will get no response to that door hanger, not even if you order 100,000. You need a headline - your name is not a headline, your name should be at the bottom, not the top. Your advertising piece needs to:

Have a headline that communicates a benefit
Contain many testimonials - testimonials sell
Present you as the benefit provider/problem solver
DO YOU HAVE AN OFFER?
Do you have a call to action
Do you have more than one avenue for response
Do you have a meaningful deadline - deadlines can substantially increase response rates
Do you make use of a post script

Massive action creates massive results - you need to be thinking in terms of many many thousands delivered - not one or two thousand.

A follow up question to start thinking about is now that you've gone to all this work to obtain a single job how are you going to hang on to that client and simultaneously leverage that client into multiple referrals? If you can't do that you'll struggle forever.

I'd recommend two books to you both by Dan Kennedy. The first is The Ultimate Sales Letter and the second is The Ultimate Marketing Plan. Good places to start.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Doorhangers like that always look to industrial to me. I like a plain white flyer. I want it to look like it's more "one-man-band-like". But that aint everyones approach.

So I would change the whole look and then stick with exactly what has already been mentioned and re-work the whole thing.

Ken.

Name
steve snail
You will get no response to that door hanger,

Wrong, you will get calls from "potential" customers that might have been telling you their house had been burglarized. Came home from a four day weekend to find a hanger on my door, i was pissed! It was not for carpet cleaning though.

DavidB

Walrus said:
Around here people don't use the front door they go in the garage door.

I used to clean in a neighborhood that was mid-high end, we were there fairly frequently.

We used to give spotters to all the neighbors and hang them in the door.

Cleaned the neighbors house and left the spotter, 2 weeks later cleaned the other next door neighbor and the same spotter was still hanging from the door, people use their front door a little less than we thought :lol:

Crazymcnick

Thanks for the feedback.... I guess Wayne Miller makes some really good ad's... anyone ever use him?

Name
I'm Rick James
Crazymcnick said:
Thanks for the feedback.... I guess Wayne Miller makes some really good ad's... anyone ever use him?

I just had a door hanger designed and I can get you the info if you like her design.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Keep in mind who you're trying to reach and what's going to strike a chord with them.

When Mrs. Piffleton comes home from a busy day -- with the mail and a purse strap in one hand, her keys and cell phone in the other hand, a grocery tote in the other hand, a lap top in the other hand, a toddler at her feet, barking pups inside that haven't been out all day, and what's for dinner on her mind -- what's gonna cause her to say, "Oh, yes, carpet cleaning" when she gives it the quick glimpse you'll be lucky to get as she makes her way inside?

The focal point is the EMT emblem, not carpet cleaning. Outside of your profession, how many people have a connection to the symbology?

Make it easy to understand what you do, how it's gonna benefit her and why she oughta be calling you.

Give her an image and a headline that'll catch her attention long enough to satisfy her curiosity. Something she can relate to like kids, pets, smiles, warm fuzzies. If she likes what she's seeing and reading she'll go on to the part about you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom