My Experience With Encap.......

R

R W

I encapped a Church sanctuary last week because they had no water in the building yet. I used my Procaps machine, and the Procaps spray. After I finished, I stood back and checked it out, and it really looked great. It had an overall clean appearance, and the people at the Church agreed.

Well, I went back today to finish up all the other rooms that we didn't get to. Of course, we HWE'd the rest of the carpet, using the RX20. As I crossed over the Sanctuary, I started to touch up a few spots where they had repaired some walls. The difference in appearance was night and day!
Although the encapped areas looked great with out comparison, when you HWE'd next to that area, it was very noticable. So, I had to HWE over the encapped areas to make every thing even.

Encap has it's place in cleaning, but just isn't comparable to good extraction cleaning.

tim

part of the problem may be using the procaps vs. cimex. Also depends on what encap solution you used. Also depends on the carpet type. CGD with spills, I will encap everytime. The best results I have gotten is encap first, rinse with hwe using an encapsulant prespray. Customers said carpet looked brand new

hogjowl

Idiot™
You see? Your whole problem lies in the fact that you didn't finish that job with encapsulation.

Also, it lies in the fact that you extracted no soil using that Procaps machine. If you'd padded it, I seriously doubt you would have been able to any difference.

I'm no big fan of scrub-n-run encap. Padcapping is my choice of low moisture cleaning.

DavidB

That juice didn't do you a single favor, try a different juice it'll make a world of difference

R

R W

If I would have padded over the area after encapping, I'm sure it would have been less noticeable when I HWE'd the area.

R

rotorob

Thats a funny(lmfaorotf) kind of question, being asked by a guy that started in 2005 to a guy with 30 years experience. However, even a 30 year vet may not have opted for the proper vlm combo, understandably, because of the myriad of options available.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i agree with most...wrong machine to get the best results out of encap. and also pulling up soil with bonnets/pads is only way to go IMO.

thanx --- Derek.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You can have one year of experience 30 times... or have thirty years experience. Not bashing the guy but in things VLM related I am more experienced.

R

R W

I admit that I am not experienced in encapping. I have done maybe 20 hours of encap over the years. I have done more padding, of which I do get better results.

I'll stick with what I know....HWE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom