My first residential OP experience

Bob Foster

Easy as pie, looked good, went fast and the customer was happy. The carpet was moderately soiled.
but

it ain't as good or as fresh as HWE.

Would I do it again? Yes because I'm a slut.

This application was perfect. 91 year old lady who stayed in her apartment while I did the job. She never left her easy chair except for 5 minutes when I vacuumed and smunged around it. The place was dry when I left. I didn't have to worry about her falling on slippery floors or her not seeing a hose and tripping on one. 3 pads both sides

One bedroom apartment 3/4 an hour start to finish.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My expierence has been it takes longer to do.

But alas you do have those HACKS who will not prevacuum and prep the carpet before the OP process.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Bob,

Which machine are you using? I never thought you of all people would go to the dark side :)

Bob Foster

I used a Orbitec Challenger. I recently supplied this machine for a customer so they could take care of their hotel rooms in between my cleaning them.

By the way they are absolutely ecstatic about the results they are getting.

Any how I borrowed back the machine to do one of the owner's mothers place.

I don't own a OP machine but if I did I would buy a bigger one based on my use of it today.

I do own a Whittaker CRB 20" and a Cimex.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
OP kicks ass in the right setting.

We using it more and more, customers love how fast it dries, how nice it looks.

It's perfect for commercial carpet that cannot be out of use long and where hoses are a trip and fall hazard, like nursing homes.

It will never replace HWE but it is a great tool to have when needed.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
Easy as pie, looked good, went fast and the customer was happy. The carpet was moderately soiled.
but

This application was perfect. 91 year old lady who stayed in her apartment while I did the job. She never left her easy chair except for 5 minutes when I vacuumed and smunged around it. The place was dry when I left. I didn't have to worry about her falling on slippery floors or her not seeing a hose and tripping on one. 3 pads both sides

sooooooo....did ya KISS her too..........?

Bob Foster

This is all that matters

estatic.jpg

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Walrus said:
My expierence has been it takes longer to do.

But alas you do have those HACKS who will not prevacuum and prep the carpet before the OP process.

I stared in this biz with ONLY doing spray/buff (CD) method...it does work...but anyone who has a logical bone in their body knows that it doesn't remove nearly as much as HWE...it "looks" clean, and that's what makes custys happy, but i'd rather "know" it's clean. It's a great method to use as following HWE or on commercial carpet. But Jimmy, seriously....it takes you longer??? You're not doing it right then. I did spray/buff for several years, then moved to HWE, spray-n-buff takes 1/2 the time. That's with pre-vac, pre-spray, buff, rake....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With a 56 blower I seldom need to prevac hence the OP method requires more work .

:shock:

steve r

had a customer(funeral home) ask me the other day the difference between hwe and using cotton bonnets and a 175 like i did there.i told him its like just rinsing in the shower or using a wash clothe, which gets you cleaner?

he even asked if i was just spreading it around. i told him the bonnets will hold so much dirt then they have to be changed and the product i use releases the soil from the carpet fiber but the bonnets will hold on to it.

in many situations bonnet cleaning works believe it or not.like i told my customer its like using a wash clothe instead of just rinsing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am surprised you didn't know the results of OP since you supposedly precrub which would give you an OP simulation. I have customers all the time compliment me on the clean and then I tell them I just prepped it it hasn't been cleaned yet. Your post tells more about you than the method

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
good job using that analogy.

but those analogies can be used both ways.

wait for it...

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Bob Foster said:
but

Feel no guilt. She was happy you were happy. It's a business

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom