My First Truckmount Cleaning Experience!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Old people are great, and they can't smell very good.. I mean do you even think pig shat smells bad? I always wondered that when passing a farm.. Do you get used to it and equate it to being home?

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Yeah I know the folks HERE would at least leave my driveway and drain their truck somewhere more private. (You guys still do sarcasm here, right?)

Yes the smell from the truck hit me like an open sewer inside the house. His truck was maybe 10 feet from my porch.

The cleaner didn't get all fancy with urine detection; I just told him where it all was. As to the urination frequency, it was pretty much once or twice a day for maybe three months? In other words, disgustingly often. I've been in a constant state of spotting all winter. Sometimes doing a good job, sometimes less so.

...I see you still like to say "massassaugas". :)
A deposit THAT large is kind of.... large. If it were me I'd have held him accountable for not saying "being honest with you thats a very substantial deposit, I can make it better but it will remain to some extent.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Unless the dog or cat has mental challenges, they know better when properly trained.

Ain't know way am I allowing any animal to dominate my home. Some pet owners are just down right ridiculous in their worshiping of their stinky pets. Pets are fun to have and they do help with therapy but Cleaning after them and keeping them clean and the home is a requirement not an option. Not saying this is the case with the Lady that posted.

On the other hand I luv my pet owner$. God Ble$$ them.

Reactions: Able 1

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
The ones with pet pigs in the home is a bit much for me. I can't understand that one. For goodness sakes it's a pig.
Have a neighbor that had a ground hog as a pet. The thing would cuddle right up in the bed with the kids. Luv' d ice cream on a cone. Funny and weird at the same time.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The ones with pet pigs in the home is a bit much for me. I can't understand that one. For goodness sakes it's a pig.
Have a neighbor that had a ground hog as a pet. The thing would cuddle right up in the bed with the kids. Luv' d ice cream on a cone. Funny and weird at the same time.
Some people like to keep the bacon handy.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I love me some bacon!! Just couldn't bring myself to eat my pet.. Well, maybe if it pissed in the house!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Robseyes

Name
Bob
Very interesting and entertaining post. I hope he offered some different choices for deodorizing instead "yeah I got it". Eduacating the client with pet odor is pretty important for a happy client. Just out of curiosity, what do the Host guys do for pet urine? Do they have their own pet treatment?

Name
Nate W.
Very interesting and entertaining post. I hope he offered some different choices for deodorizing instead "yeah I got it". Eduacating the client with pet odor is pretty important for a happy client. Just out of curiosity, what do the Host guys do for pet urine? Do they have their own pet treatment?

Yea, a SOS tool hooked up to a spotter..........:eekk:

Like pissing in the wind...:lol:

Reactions: Robseyes

Heather GSD

Name
Heather
I work for a company that manufactures carpet cleaning chemicals, Solutions by Steam Pros, and also have a cat with ongoing issues with urinating in the house - on carpets, the sofa, curtains, wood floors, etc. Hate to sound sales-y, but we have a product that I pretty much bathe the house in. The concentrate is called Odorcrylic, and we sell a ready to use version in a spray bottle on Amazon called Bloodhound Pet Odor Remover. It's a nonhazardous polymer that traps and adsorbs the odor. I find that it works better than the enzyme cleaners that I've used for years. While the regular soaking in of the urine may well have killed the carpet/pad, it's worth a shot - I just spray to saturate the layers and let it dry (other than wiping the wood floors after 20 minutes or so.)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Heather

I think due to the popularity of encapsulating shampoos, most of us here think "candy coated" when we hear the words "Polymer" and "trap"..

Your description or"It's a nonhazardous polymer that traps and adsorbs the odor" makes it sound like you are vacuuming the effected areas once they dry, if so what are you finding ion your vacuum cleaner?

SamIam

Name
sam miller

What Nate said they flood with OSR type product using a porty of some sorts and a subsurface tool to get it out.

And maybe if they some skill they'll pull up the carpet replace carpet and pad and treat the subfloor.

Name
Deborah Lema
Hey Deb

Few questions.

Where exactly did you find this guy?
Was he a one truck owner operator or employee?
Did he have online reviews?
Did you request or consider any pad replacement or sub floor work or inspection?
Are you aware of what a Rotary Extractor is?
If you had not ran out of Host powder, would you have used it again to absorb the urine?

Loved your story btw, you succeeded at finding the perfectly average HWE dude.

Hiya Mike. To answer...

--Found him with Google, not trying too hard. Basically narrowed it down from the top three or four hits.

--Pretty sure he was a one-truck guy but I don't know. Owner did the work though.

--Don't know about online reviews as I didn't want to see.

--Nope I requested no inspection, sub floor work or pad replacement. Nor did he offer. When I first spoke with him about this challenge he just responded with total confidence in his deodorizing process and I went for it.

--Yeah I know what a Rotary Extractor is. Geez. :)

--There is a urine-removal protocol that one can do with Host and yes, if I'd had some I would have tried it. In fact, now that I have a cleaned carpet with a number of wicked spots of similar size and content level, what I have is a beautiful testing ground for extreme urine situations. And since the carpet and pad needed replacing before it even met this cursed hound, I am in the delightfully uncommon and refreshing position of not giving a flip about what happens at this point. So I'm going to try a few things, including the Host protocol. Guess I gotta get some more after all.

Name
Deborah Lema
In one instance I wonder if he gave you what you asked for, no upsell. But with the stinky van and dumping in the driveway, it does reak of hack.

After all was said and done and dry, I regret that the word "hack" entered my mind. I'm just conditioned to think that word when I see dumping and I was shocked about it (still am not happy about that bit). But the guy worked hard and did the best he could with stuff he had and money he was getting, and frankly he rocked it considering what he was facing. So yeah I agree with you--he gave me what I asked for, or at least gave it his all.

I do plan on letting him know that his deodorizing process is not what he thinks it is though; he should know that.

Name
Deborah Lema
7 years?

Seems like yesterday

It actually kinda DOES.

Remember when you said that all that Host was good for was putting in your underwear? Or was that Jimmy; dang I should remember such a thing. I submitted that use to the Marketing Department and told 'em you tested it and loved it. Ah the goodish old days.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If he told you "mam, there are a lot of spots here, not sure what I can do, I'll give it my best" ..

Would that alone change your mind about him?

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Nate W.
If he told you "mam, there are a lot of spots here, not sure what I can do, I'll give it my best" ..

Would that alone change your mind about him?

It was a tainted "test" to begin with.... Dog pissing in the house for too long, thinking you'll get a "good" deodorizing for $200 with the amount of work and piss......God I can just imagine the smell... I'd be pretty pissed if I had to clean it...

"ICS poster" My minimum is more than that.... And that wouldn't include deodorizing... I'd include a gas can and lighter...:clap:

I have no problem walking jobs like that, that's just disgusting...

Name
Deborah Lema
Wow, no I don't despise god if anything I despise(and despise is WAY to strong of a word) are people that don't take proper care of their animals.. I would guess 90% of the time cats piss in the house is either the homeowner is too lazy to clean their litter box or the cat has a treatable sickness(crystals in the urine ect..). As for dogs, don't get one if you are too lazy to take them out,or you aren't home enough to let them out.. If your dog needs training take it.. Pets are a big responsibility if you can't take the time for them, don't get one!

Only excuse for me is if your animal is sick and you address it immediately or your pet is old and has a accident..

Just for the record, I am not too lazy to take my dog outside. When she was a puppy and it was -20 out, the pads of her feet exploded with expanded frozen blood crystals after being outside for 3 minutes. She was glued to the snow with her own blood and I had to chip her out. She couldn't walk for weeks and is now terrified of winter, so maybe you could please cut her (and me) a little slack.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, you've said some horrible and funny things too I guess. :)
He's horribly funny. That's why I incorporated him into my new van wrap.
MArtyvan.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just for the record, I am not too lazy to take my dog outside. When she was a puppy and it was -20 out, the pads of her feet exploded with expanded frozen blood crystals after being outside for 3 minutes. She was glued to the snow with her own blood and I had to chip her out. She couldn't walk for weeks and is now terrified of winter, so maybe you could please cut her (and me) a little slack.
You ever think of getting booties for your dog. At minus 20, that's extremely cruel especially for a puppy.

Name
Deborah Lema

There is a Host method - it basically involves injecting the pad with a wicking neutralizer and putting a poultice of Host on top for it to wick in to. I've done it for little spots over the years and it's worked fine, at least according to my nose and eyes.

Able 1

Name
Keith

Like I said I love animals!! One time I picked up a cat to take home from my buddies shop, and the only reason I did was I had my window closed on my truck,and he thought it was open(he used to jump in all the time).. Klunked his head real good.. I took him to the Vet and he had frost bite on his front paws.

His name was Fat Al, RIP!! He should have died from heart disease, but cancer got him,, Never pissed in the house though..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Outdoor animals toughen up their pads by being outside the majority of the time. My sister in Saskatchewan has 3 dogs that spend the majority of the day outside on her 105 acre farm. Winter and summer. If you tried to put booties on them, they would chew them off in no time. I had a dog in Montreal that wouldn't go outside in the winter unless I put his booties on. He would stand at the door and lift his paw, waiting. Some breeds, you have to watch their ears as well. They can freeze pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom