My new "Bread truck" as Marty would call it

danpauselius

I think the rear windows actually make it look a bit like a bread truck from the back. Although, you could call it a bread truck because if it doesn't make a ton of "dough", bread is all I'll be eating, LOL.

100_2291.jpg

100_2290.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2296.jpg

100_2302.jpg

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I think it looks great. Rhino Line that floor and you will have a good set up.

danpauselius

17 ft long x 8 wide x 8 tall

I want to rhino line the floor but after hearing you guys talking about what it costs, I'm trying to come up with some other options. (The wife wasn't so happy that I bought this, she'd poison me if I spent a grand or more on "painting the floor")

Greenie

Looks like a mini-Matchet mobile. Harley might post a pic of his when he reads this.

I would just do the liner myself if the old lady is on ya, Cobb posted a link to a product recently, looked sweet if you have an air compressor already.

danpauselius

"a MINI Matchet mobile" ... What the hell does he drive around, a tractor trailer, LOL?

Actually, I hope he does post a pic. I'm looking for ideas on the interior box set up.

John Watson

You can buy a gal kit of the liner stuff for about $85.00 and they were giving a 40 rebate. Roller and pan included You only need to go up the sides an inch or two. I believe they call it Hurkuliner. or something like that.

Might this give you some Ideas. I run dual hose reels because the lead hose is ready for dual wanding at all times. It's the first hose off the reel. Very flexible. Also if one hose gets dirty during the day, we just use the other reel till we get in. Very convenient for me. I have been looking at the Sprinter with dual wheels for the fuel mileage. Have come to the conclusion that we would have to remove about 1/2 of the equipment. So now I'm looking for another option. My side door is 60" high and 96" wide.

VCT tile floor has held up well. I would do it again.

backview.JPG

Cleaningtruck.JPG

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan
That's an awesome truck! Looks like a great purchase, you'll love it for WDR work.

Harley
The local Sprinter dealer has them in cutaways so the box can be the same size you have now, or any size you want.

G

Herculiner is junk. Have it on my original van and it starting to peel. My Line'x guaranteed .

Greenie

yea, been down the herculiner path myself, not by choice, tried to patch the herc that was already there, definitely a nickle solution to a $2 problem.

But the link Cobb posted to the two part airgun stuff looks like a viable option, lots of PPE was suggested with it's application.

Scott

Nice Rig!

Here, I'll help you with the graphics. Just download and paste on the side of the truck:

wonderbread.gif

Scott

T

The Magician

Nice truck Dan. Marty could haul alot of pigs off to the market with that truck..He could also mount that little TM in there too.

Matt King

That's a sweet ride... I like the floor Harley did in his. I agree with the others here, Herculiner sucks. I had it in my Dodge truck and it wouldn't hold up to even minor abuse. Are you putting a monster unit in there?

Mike Brummett

A box is the only way to go.

I did the do-it-yourself stuff on a van or two. I used Truck-Guard from Advanced Auto Parts. It seemed to hold up decent, but MAN what a lot of WORK putting it on! It is some very gooey stuff and does NOT go on smoothly, but quite the opposite.

Since then I have bit the bullet with Line-X in one van and Rhino in another.

Worth every penny.

MIKE

danpauselius

I ordered 3 gallons of Hurculiner about 5 hours ago. I guess I'll get to test it first hand now, LOL.

I'm having my Thermal Wave pulled out of the Ford and put in the new truck. To be honest, I think I got a pretty damned good deal on it too. $32,195.

Matt King

You might have better luck with H.L in your enclosed box. In my truck it was exposed all the time. If I'd haul wood or gravel it would dig into it and peel up. Then if we had a bad rain the water would get underneath and weaken the bond causing it too peel really bad. A CC'ing truck most likely wouldn't experience those harsh conditions though... The most important thing is the prep work. Good luck! Post some pics when ya get it finished! :)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I only count 6 wheels on that rig. So, there ain't no way anyone who can actually count could possibly think that bread truck is bigger than my 8 wheel house.

Mike is such an idiot.

danpauselius

Well, it's after midnight and I just got done with the prep and first coat of Herculiner. Anybody who is thinking about doing this themselves ... KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO! This is not easy work. Every muscle in my body hurts right now and I still have to put on the second coat, LOL.

The part that really sucks is that they give you a 4 inch wide roller. It's kind of like cleaning 5 bedrooms and a hall with an upholstery tool.

Wish I had some pics but I was too tired to break out the camera.

Looks hot though.

danpauselius

Just got the graphics all worked out. The blue is actually darker, it doesn't look the same when it's printed on paper for some reason.

Newtruckgraphics.jpg

Scott

Sorry Dan, it was WAY too tempting. Great looking truck and please don't take my fun as poking at you. I blame the meds I'm on!

Newtruckgraphicssr.jpg

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom