My new "POS Castex wand."

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have used it in virtually every residential and commercial situation that normally come up, and I have found this wand to be the best wand I have ever bought. It moves as easily on all cut piles as the hybrid glide, 2 inch wand I have been using, and does the same on most looped pile residential and commercial carpets. The only time I have to bring out the 2 inch is when I do wool orientals.

I originally went to the 2 inch wand because my drying times were pitiful with my 36 blower. They got so bad that I actually bought one of Oden's overpriced vac boosters. The 2 inch wand, along with a section of 2.5 inch hose allowed me to get 1 to 2 hour drying times, put the vac booster in storage, and saved my back from pushing that crappy 1 1/2 wand Magic Wand (and virtually everybody else) sells. Only problem was the 2 inch wand and hose really started screwing with my 50 year old, arthritic, hands and arms. It was no fun cleaning anymore.

Jimmy talked me into trying the Castex wand and ... to tell you the truth ... if I had listened to him initially ... I could have saved myself a year of suffering. The Castex gives me drying times in the 2 to 3 hour range (I still use the 2.5 hose as the first section) and using a light 1 1/2 inch wand has stopped all the pain I was suffering from.

I actually like cleaning again.

Thank you Jimmy!

PS I will bring my old 1 1/2 wand out of storage, put a hole glide on it, and keep it on the truck for that occasional commercial, or oriental rug that the Castex doesn't glide well on.

PPS May be, with the hole glide, that old POS will do ok.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jimmy only wants to help people.

He would never lie or give bad advice.

Too many F shills pushing mediocre products on these BB's.

It makes my heart sing when I do good for mankind!

Reactions: Russ T.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Anyone have photos of a Castex POS wand so that we can see what it is that the Carpet Cleaning Gods recommend.

roro

never used a castex but the Titainium is nice. Will be even better when I get all the bugs worked out. I even bought a second one.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now watch a certain someone post a pic of a worn out abused POS castex wand.

Fon Johnson

Jimmy may be a certified freak (said with love) but I have always liked the castex double bend. I was introduced to that wand about 15 years ago.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Greenie

I've never seen a castex double bend.

Got a pic?

I do have an older Service Master 13" wand (single bend Castex).

Brian L

Name
Brian L
This sounds like the work of Satan!

OMG!

I would like to give that wand a try.....Jimmy isn't the big dummy you all think he is.

diamond brian

I use a 14" Castex w/4 jets. Very low profile--looks like a powder-coated Stealth Bomber.

I won't take the time to post my pos Castex. You can find it in the JonDon catalog directly beneath your July issue of "Chunky Asses". :D

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
I demand that a wand be double bent and low profile.

ditto that, I also might add and not look like something that rents with a rug doctor, anyone who thinks the castex is a superior and better wand than the best of whats available these days are the same mentality wise as those that think green glides suck and don't like them

Rex Tyus

Looks just like a Bane wand only with a 1.5" shaft versus a 1.75". Available at any Janitorial supply house.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With a straight tube wand you can do longer strokes than a double bend wand.You push into the stroke and six foot strokes are not uncommon.

Double bend wands are inefficient.

The POS castex wand is alot different than the BANE.

The POS castex has those beautiful stainless steel glides and a better head design.The head will go under furniture a few inches when wanding on the side of the wand.

Rex Tyus

OMFG, Jimmy is gonna be impossible to live with now that he finally got someone to agree with him on his beloved Castex :roll:

Reactions: SamIam

Rex Tyus

Rex you and your QUAD 56 would do well with a POS castex.

:D Thanks Jimmy. But I finally have my Q56 breathing easy and humming along. I am not yet arthritic and my biceps are still firm enough to handle the additional vacuum at the wand lip. The day may come as I age and weaken that I will have to take you up on that. For now however, I will keep pulling the Greenhorns. I do like they way they clean. 8)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lets see , you like choking off your suction as your machine strains to suck thru some small holes.Do you really believe that it compares to the BANE formula of "Velocity at the slot" of which the POS castex has because of its narrower opening?

You are sadly misinformed and would do yourself and your machine a favor by getting a POS castex wand.

Mikey P

Administrator
Six foot strokes no problem here Ladwigs.

Until someone has tired a TI type wand and the " Wow now I can get under most furniture now" benefit they'll just never know.

I'll bet a C note that just like his RotoVac, GLS, Booster Box and god only knows how many other POS novelty items he's gone through, Marty will have the Castex on ebay in 6 months because the trigger needs a new O ring.

Rex Tyus

Lets see , you like choking off your suction as your machine strains to suck thru some small holes

Those small holes do not add enough restriction to trip my vac relief valve. Can you say the same thing about your 1.5" wand shaft?
Those multiple holes also reduce the wand locking down to the carpet backing. Reducing the "slot velocity" of which you speak.

Do you really believe that it compares to the BANE formula of "Velocity at the slot"

No it greatly exceeds their concept.

We agree on machines but differ on wands.

I am glad you like yours. I like mine as well.

Mikey P

Administrator
CI-200514-EA.jpg

My Uncle Sam portable came with one of those...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
looks rather hackish, you would think they could at least not skimp so much on the supply line hose, add some extra and at least zip tie it to the wand tube

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Rex have you ever figured out that with those holes you have half the opening of a regular wand.Going from say a 2 inch circle to a 1 inch circle.

So my 16 inch castex width means I am using the whole 1 1/2 inch opening thru the slot.

Everyone would do well with owning a new POS castex wand.

Greenie

$657.03 !

wow, I need to raise the price of a Greenhorn.

That JimMy math cracks me up, you would need a sliver of a wand slot to balance the 1.375 inside diameter of the castex tube.

It's really not surprising it's easy to push, 16" is a wide head to be funded by a small tube, the suck per linear inch is sure to be less and make pushing easier.

How does this wand perform on uneven commercial, even some 14" wands can bridge and leave wet spots every so often.

I don't see this wand getting under much of anything, maybe swing in from the side a bit, but get under stuff? The Ti wands and Greenhorns get about 10" or so under stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom